Complaint Review: Renee's Fine Jewelry

602 N Howe St Southport, North Carolina United States of America
  • Phone: (910) 457-7714
  • Web:
  • Category: Jewelers

Renee's Fine Jewelry Tried to rip me off when selling my old gold to Renee. Tried to steal my jewelry. Southport, North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Renee's Fine Jewelry prices on scrap gold

I went into Renee's Fine Jewelry on December 17, 2012 to sell some old gold jewelry that I no longer wear.  Some were broken and others were just out of style.  They separated the jewelry into two categories, 10 karat gold and 14 karat gold.  I had a fair amount of jewelry to sell and thought that it would be a decent sum.

After it was separated and weighed, Renee offered me $800 for the gold.  I was a little startled and it must have shown in my face.  She said in a very demeaning voice "you think that you would get more for this?"  I was considering accepting her offer until her ugly comment.  I told her that I would consider the offer and left.

I knew of another store in downtown Southport and went there to sell my gold.  They operated about the same.  Separated the gold again and weighed it.  When they were done, I was offered $1200 for the jewelry.  I sold the entire lot to Cape Fear Jewelers immediately.

Renee Ward tried to rip me off of $400 on my gold.  This is a small town and I will definitely tell everybody that I know about her business practices!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Renees-Fine-Jewelry/Southport-North-Carolina-28461/Renees-Fine-Jewelry-Tried-to-rip-me-off-when-selling-my-old-gold-to-Renee-Tried-to-ste-985227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Renee's Fine Jewelry

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Renee's Fine Jewelry prices on scrap gold

AUTHOR: Renee - (United States of America)

I was made aware of this report from 1 of my customers & I wanted to write a response to this.   The person that wrote this said that he came into our store on December 17th & waited to have me price out alot of scrap for him & I gave him a very low price & insulted him.  I actually had to laugh at this, because I know this is not a real story & was surprised that someone would even post this about us.

First off,  I stopped pricing scrap gold while people waited 3 weeks before Christmas, so I know the 17th of December, I wasn't pricing any jewelry while customers waited .  Since we are in the Christmas season and much busier, people had to leave their jewelry & I would give them a price the next day. Also, if you ever met me, I think anyone would agree that I couldn't ever say anything insulting to anyone.  If anything, we all bend over backwards for all of our customers & have nothing but kind remarks for everyone.

I would never have said something so mean to anyone EVER!  Third,  I know that our prices on scrap gold is very competitive with the other jewelers in our area and the surrounding larger cities.  We buy alot of "scrap gold" on a regular basis from customers that I know have shopped around. I hear regularly that I gave a better price than the other jewelers that they have been too. We give very fair prices for our scrap gold & would NEVER take advantage of anyone.  These are the reasons why I know this report was false when I read it.