Complaint Review: Renewed Image Medi Spa

• Updated: Mon, May 16, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — United States of America
Renewed Image Medi Spa
2359 /Windy Hill Road Marietta, Georgia United States of America

Renewed Image Medi Spa Here It Is, Two Months Later And I Still Have Not Gotten My Money From These People! Marietta, Georgia

Here it is, two month after I first posted this complaint, and I still have yet to receive my final wages from Renewed Image Medi Spa. I have even filed a complaint with the US Department of Labor's Wage & Hour Division, and an investigator found that my former employer was guilty of violating federal wage and hour, plus overtime laws in this country. So, when the DOL contacted Orville and Danita Robinson at the spa, he actually admitted to the investigator that he owed me the money, but that he had other bills to pay. Two days later, in another conversation, Orville Robinson called the investigator back and stated that he had in fact paid me the $689.50 that he owes me, and has a stub in his possession as proof. Well, if I had been paid the amount that is owed me, I would have deposited that check into my checking account. I would have the stub, and not my former employer. This stinks of check fraud and Orville and Danita Robinson will eventually find themselves in a jail cell facing a number of charges. This is the way we do things in the United States. Since these people are from Jamaica, where there are no governing laws regarding wage and hour, they don't get it; but, if they remain in the US long enough, they will.

To make matters worse, the US DOL cannot force or demand my former employer to pay me. I am still trying to wrap my brain around this one. All that the DOL can do it take the report, and find a business either guilty or not guilty; and in this case Renewed Image was found guilty. So, my next course of action is to file a civil suit in Small Claims Court. I can't wait to see Orville and Danita explain to a judge that they had other bills to pay, and is the reason why I was never paid for all of the hours that I worked while employed at their business. The federal government found that they owe me the money, and so will a state judge.

These people are sick. It is absolutely sickening to have dealt with this issue for so long. This is exactly why job seekers need to do their research carefully before accepting employment with some businesses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2011 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Renewed-Image-Medi-Spa/Marietta-Georgia-/Renewed-Image-Medi-Spa-Here-It-Is-Two-Months-Later-And-I-Still-Have-Not-Gotten-My-Money-729946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Renewed Image Medi Spa