• Report: #720836

• Updated: Fri, July 15, 2011

• Reported By: Upset in Edmond — Edmond Oklahoma United States of America
Rent 1st
Kelly Rd. Edmond, Oklahoma United States of America

Rent 1st, Edmond OK Kelly Rd. What has happened to customer service? Edmond, Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: Disgruntled customer...with hot check!

My husband and I have purchased numerous items from Rent 1st since moving to Edmond in 2004. W/D, Fridge, Big Screen, Theatre System, Laptop (returned inferior), and recently (4/1/11) we went in to upgrade our W/D because it was time and secretly I wanted newer, prettier machines.
The beauty of the rent-to-own is I don't have to come out of pocket with all monies at once and can pay off early if I so choose.
Back to the point, 4/1/11 went in to purchase new machines, told they would be in Wednesday, 6th (my birthday by the way, as these were my own gift to me) and delivered on the 7th. I paid IN ADVANCE for their services.
I called Wednesday to check on the delivery status and was told that the truck was on its way. Thursday I called and was told they were not sure why, but the truck did not make it and was on its way. Called Friday, truck went to the Penn Ave. store and was headed their way. Called Saturday, by this time I am pissed because no one has bothered to call me, I had to call, only to hear the same crap again. I asked very nicely to cancel my order and refund my advanced payment. It is now 4/22/11 I still have yet to receive my refund.
I also went right around the corner and though I had never rented from them before walked into Rent-A-Center and received delivery of my W/D the next business day.

Do not lease from Rent 1st, oh and by the way, the individual helping me was the store manager, Jeremy. The store looks like a Thrift Store. I only went there because of the previous rental history (all under a different manager).

So to recap: Prepaid for W/D, No delivery 7 days after pre payment, no customer service from the stores staff, and to date NO REFUND! What a way to conduct business.
Also called the corporate office, where you have to leave a message for someone to call you back. Rent 1st BLOWS!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2011 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-1st/Edmond-Oklahoma-7300/Rent-1st-Edmond-OK-Kelly-Rd-What-has-happened-to-customer-service-Edmond-Oklahoma-720836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent 1st

Disgruntled customer...with hot check!

AUTHOR: store 23 - (United States of America)

I am sorry that customers and potential customers have to be subjected to ignorance.  Unfortunately this person (Jennifer), had written a hot check to the store and thought she was going to get away with it until our attorney garnished her payroll check for around $1300.  We didn't neglect to get her a new washer/dryer.....we just weren't interested in doing business with dishonest people.  Oh and by the way we did refund her money. Good Luck RAC.....she's a handful!