Complaint Review: Rent 1st

Rent 1st Colortyme Ripoff, Rude, Disgusting, No Customer Service Watagua, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Sorry for the difficulty you're having, but

Re: Rent 1st

Don't rent from them

I rented a computer to own 10 months ago.  I was on my last month of payment and was unable to make that payment on time.  I called them to inform them that I would not be able to make the payment until November 20th.  They said it didn't matter that had been on time for the last 9 months that I would have to give my computer back to them and they would keep it until I make my payment on the 20th.  This is only 2 weeks away.  Most rent to own places will work with you to help you if you are only one month a way from making your final payment they will not pick up the merchandise.  Rent 1st does.

They picked up my computer today.  I called their corporate office 5 times yesterday and of course my call was never returned.  They are the most rude people in the world. They do not treat people with respect.  I have informed them I will never rent from them again.  I would prefer another place.  Aarrons on the other hand have been a positive experience for me.

I have all my things on that computer and asked them not to delete anything we shall see if they do what I asked.  They were much better when they were Colortyme.  Nowdays they fire all the good employees and keep a bunch of bull headed guys on staff.

I hope that maybe this will help other people know not to rent from them or teach Rent 1st to do something about their customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2011 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-1st/Watagua-Texas-76148/Rent-1st-Colortyme-Ripoff-Rude-Disgusting-No-Customer-Service-Watagua-Texas-795369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent 1st

Sorry for the difficulty you're having, but

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

the rental company is only protecting it's assets and it is indeed their right.

They deal with people with poor to non-exsistent credit and have heard ALL the excuses....EVERY day of the week.

Most rental companies will do JUST what this one did.

Work to get your credit score up and you can deal with regular stores and avoid this VERY high-priced way of getting goods.

"Nowdays they fire all the good employees and keep a bunch of bull headed guys on staff. "

Actually, it doesn't matter, the employees are only following the owners policies...it's not personal, that IS their job.

I have first hand knowledge of how these things work...a good friend of mine ran a rental store for about 20 years and recently sold out....he got tired of dealing with the lying, scheming dead-beats.