Complaint Review: Rent A Center

• Updated: Thu, December 12, 2013

• Reported By: Concerned Customer — Colorado Springs Colorado
Rent A Center
877 N Academy Colorado Springs , Colorado USA

Rent A Center Manager Gail Rent A Center Harrassement. Including excessive phone calls and unannounced home stalking Colorado Springs Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: RAC Employee

My husband and I recently moved into our new home and needed a washer and dryer. After purchasing everything else for the home we didnt have the extra 1000 for a set so we decided a rent to own contract would be good for the time being. Rent A Center was very nice at first and got us what we needed. We were initially told the payments would be 50 plus some change a MONTH. We paid 2 payments up front and weren't bothered. Since then they call non stop sometimes days before our payment is even due. I was recently in a roll over accident and lost my job.

We called Rent A Center and told them the situation amd asked if we could pay our full payment at the end of the month. The manager initially said that was fine so we went on out merry way. Now they are saying our payment is really the 50 whatever EVERY  2 WEEKS and that we owe them 2 payments past due when the second payment they are talking about isnt due for 2 more weeks. Long story short they came to my house without telling me pounded on my door and threatened to come in with force. They wanted to take my stuff Wed night and then return it Friday when they took the payment from my card which is absolutely stupid.

They want to take it for one day? Probably so they can charge me fees for pick up and drop off. The manager was very rude and yelled at my husband over the phone for quite sometime. We didn't let them in or let them take the merchandise.  We are very seriously considering taking our business else where. For one small payment they are acting like we haven't paid in months or like we're criminals or something.  Very unprofessional! I have heard MANY complaints about this store and business in general since I have started researching.  Just wanted to let people know how badly they treat good customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center-/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80916/Rent-A-Center-Manager-Gail-Rent-A-Center-Harrassement-Including-excessive-phone-calls-a-1106361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent A Center

RAC Employee

AUTHOR: RAC Employee - ()

Hi, I work with RAC and I’m really sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. It is against our policy to harass or contact Customers with “reminder calls” prior to their due date. Additionally, all Rent-A-Center coworkers learn in training that their legal right to be in a customer's home is up to the customer. Entering the premises without permission or without an escort can be considered criminal trespass and we take this claim very seriously. Please contact our Customer Care line at 1-800-422-8186 and we can help you resolve this issue. Thank you.