Complaint Review: Rent A Center In Logan Ohio

• Submitted: Thu, June 26, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 21, 2008

• Reported By:Lancaster Ohio
Rent A Center In Logan Ohio
890 W Hunter Street Logan, Ohio U.S.A.

Rent A Center In Logan Ohio harassment by a manager at that store named bryan Logan Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: RAC Ownership Certificate

I paid off my item last week on 6/18/07 and attempted to get the item placed on my renter's insurance but was informed by my renter's insurance without a reciept proving I paid it off that could not happen

I attempted to call the rent a center i had paid it off at which was the same as the store's on june 23rd as the manager I was told I needed to speak with would not be availible till then and was told by that same manager they do not give reciepts for purchases even if the early payout option is used on a contract and now I can't register the computer worth 500 dollars on my renter's insurance without the reciept which rent a center claims they give but the store manager claims they do not give.....

Palerider73
Lancaster, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center-In-Logan-Ohio/Logan-Ohio-43138/Rent-A-Center-In-Logan-Ohio-harassment-by-a-manager-at-that-store-named-bryan-Logan-Ohio-344534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent A Center In Logan Ohio

AUTHOR: Thepiper - (U.S.A.)

Everything that the other employee said is true, under normal circumstances. I believe there is more to this story though. I am an employee of the store that I believe you are talking about. The address you gave for our location tells me that you are a former Aaron's customer. Their old building is the address listed with this posting. We aquired their customers in May. In the data transfer from their system to ours, we found that pay-out amounts and remaining payments did not add up right in some (a small percentage) accounts. Until we realized what was going on, it at times, was a nightmare to deal with since the system was showing that the customer still owed payments. What we were able to do on these was to go back through the terms of the original agreements (those were handed over to us with the aquisition) and we were able to get to the bottom of the problem and get final payments and pay-out amounts that were correct for the customer. The problem that I think you are having is because instead of being able to print a Certificate of Ownership and call it a day, our system was still saying you owed more payments and was not paid off, we basically took the hit on our end to make it right for you as that is our responsibility. In the end, we have no way to print a Certificate of Ownership for the simple fact that are system never saw it as paid in full.

If you talk to your renter's insurance, you may find that they can confirm your ownership over the phone or by some other means. They may have something that you can bring us and have us fill out and fax to them. You can call us either by the old Aaron's number which transfers to our store, or by calling 740-380-3245.

RAC Ownership Certificate

AUTHOR: Ncjoshuag - (U.S.A.)

Palerider73,

I am a native of Lancaster, OH now living in North Carolina working for Rent A Center. It is company policy to give you a Certificate of Ownership after you pay out your merchandise (No matter how you do it, full-term, EPO, or 90-day). If you did not receive this document, call the store and tell them that they owe you a Certificate of Ownership for your merchandise.

If they refuse to give it to you, call 1.800.275.2696 ext. 1192

That is Jennifer Rich and she is the Customer Service Manager at Home Office. They'll make sure you're taken care of. I'm sorry that my co-workers aren't serving you properly.

Joshua George