Complaint Review: Rent A Center RAC

• Submitted: Fri, December 03, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, July 17, 2009

• Reported By:New Whiteland Indiana
Rent A Center RAC
US 31 South Franklin, Indiana U.S.A.

Rent A Center RAC ripoff Franklin Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Rent a Center a rip off and price gouger.

*Consumer Comment: give it back

I went to the rent-a-center and leased a 55 inch tv that I wanted to buy. It was a good tv and I had no problems. I paid the first month up front and was setup to pay weekly. I paid 40.00 a week. I travel a lot for a living and I was late on a payment. I was 4 days late and now they want a new contract fee. They want me to pay a 150.00 for a late fee and a contract fee. This is a scam if I ever seen one. I told them I was sorry and I would pay for my past due with a late fee but not all this. They are very rude and talk to you like garbage. I told them it just wasn't worth it and they can come and get the tv.

Marshall
New Whiteland, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2004 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center-RAC/Franklin-Indiana-46131/Rent-A-Center-RAC-ripoff-Franklin-Indiana-121116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent A Center RAC

Rent a Center a rip off and price gouger.

AUTHOR: Kayce - (U.S.A.)

I do belive rent a center stores are price gouging customers. They tried too get me to purchase a comuter that was 7 years old for twice the price of a new one. I was smart enough too look at the computer and kind out the age of the system. I belive their should be a law set in stone about what they can charge for used items that are years old. Their really needs to be some insight and regulation in these bussiness. Can anyone tell me if there is any at this time?

give it back

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

They can not do that! i also rent from RCA i was late once but the ppl there did not tell me my payment date was every saturday he just said weekly.so i went with it and came in on monday they tryed to harge me 3 dollar late fee's,thne afte i explained it to them they said ohh no the guy should have told *PAYMENT DUE* BY saturday! so he was very nice and wavied the late fee for me:

they are trying to scam you.....i never had your encounter i also got a nice flat screen phillips tv from RCA..