allowances

• Submitted: Sun, May 11, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, May 18, 2003

• Reported By:columbus Georgia
Rent A Center Steve Smith
4523 Woodruffrd Columbus Ga Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

Rent A Center Steve Smith ripoff Columbus Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact the Corporate Headquarters

*Consumer Comment: copy of agreement

I rented a ps2 for my husband on 9-09-2002. Witch at the time was rentway in naples fl. We moved to columbus ga and had to resign a contrat with them with the money we already paid towards it. And come to find out that Rent a center was buying them out so they told us that the money we already paid was no going towards it we have paid a little over 1000 dollars to them , we also had the insurance to help pay in case we did not have the money. They also told us that was no good.So they are trying to get us to pay three times the money it is worth. And I want them to know I will get back my money that they owe me.

Joy
columbus, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2003 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center-Steve-Smith/Columbus-Georgia-31909/Rent-A-Center-Steve-Smith-ripoff-Columbus-Georgia-56504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent A Center Steve Smith

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact the Corporate Headquarters

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Rent-A-Center is a high flying stock listed on
the NASDAQ (RCII). It's trading at an all-time
high, so I don't think the corporate bigwigs are
going to be thrilled to see this negative info
on the internet. I suggest you contact the
corporate offices directly and raise hell with
them.......>5700 Tennyson Parkway, Plano, Tx
75024. Phone.....>(972)801-1100. Fax.....>
(972) 943-0112. Or try www.rentacenter.com.

Good luck!

copy of agreement

AUTHOR: Rent A Center - (U.S.A.)

i was in the store on Friday the 16th to make my payment, i made my payment with no problem they have no problem taking my monry.

i asked one of the employees for a copy of my agreement, they told that they would look for the agreement and give me a call on saturday, i have not received a phone call like i was told.

i make my payments but they seam to go up instaed of going down that is why i need a copy of the agreement and a payment history.

i also contacted the customer service line, lets see how good the customer service is since i can not get a call back from the store. i need to know who and how to contact the corporate office, i was told that the agreements are sent to the corporate office.