Complaint Review: Rent A Center

• Submitted: Sat, June 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Strongsville Ohio
Rent A Center
Center Rd Brunswich, Ohio U.S.A.

Rent A Center Harrassment! Brunswick Ohio

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Courtesy calls

*Consumer Suggestion: seriously...

*UPDATE Employee: Actual way to take care of it

*Consumer Comment: Here is how to stop it..

I really had no choice but to purchase a laptop from them because of my credit history. But I do pay my payments on time. THey have no issues with me about late payments or anything. But here is my question? I really don't think they are allowed to do this. They call my house the morning that my payment is due. I am not even usually up yet when they call my house. I was going to say something to them about it but figured that I would justgo in the day before the payment is due and that would end. Now here is where I pissed. I went into today to make the payment and its on time. The girl there says you know we won't be open on next Saturday because its the Forth of July, so if you can come in Friday and make the payment we would greatly appricate it. I said "well if I can I will." And she said oh don't worry we will call you anyways to remind you that we won't be open Saturday to come and make your payment. I'M SORRY THAT'S HARRASSMENT! IS THERE A WAY TO STOP THEM FROM THIS.

Rick14056
Strongsville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2009 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center/Brunswich-Ohio/Rent-A-Center-Harrassment-Brunswick-Ohio-465526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent A Center

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Courtesy calls

AUTHOR: X-employee - (U.S.A.)

I worked for RAC for 10 years and i had to do the samething. I did not agree to call someone the day they were due but the Market Manager and The Regional Director required that they do that. If they dont they get in trouble. I would call the customer complaint line and tell them about the calls. Dont waste your time at the store level.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

seriously...

AUTHOR: Sylver8248 - (U.S.A.)

"I really had no choice but to purchase a laptop from them because of my credit history"

You had no choice?!?!?! A LAPTOP is not a necessity. You had a choice.

Actual way to take care of it

AUTHOR: Blindman - (U.S.A.)

The company wants the managers to call people on the day they are due to make sure numbers stay in line. If you go to the store and ask them politely not to give you a courtesy call, they will stop. Just ask them to note it in the contacts page.

Here is how to stop it..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

What you are describing is no where near "harrasement". If you don't like them giving you reminder calls the simple solution is to return the laptop.