installed

• Updated: Wed, March 27, 2013

• Reported By: Bonnie — Paradise California
Rent A Center
2485 Notre Dame Blvd Ste 210 Chico, California United States of America

Rent A Center Illegally called my family and friends about my loan Chico, California

*Author of original report: Rent A Center does not tell the truth

*UPDATE Employee: Hi, Pat

*Author of original report: no such person at the phone number

*UPDATE Employee: Hi I work at RAC

We always make our weekly Rent A Center payments online. This past week they changed our payments to monthly instead of weekly as our contract states. My husband is on disability and I am unemployed and we can not pay a month at a time.

They called my friends and family and told them we were late on our payment. I sent them a letter telling them not to contact my friends and family as it is illegal for them to tell anyone except my spouse about my loan. After they have been notified in writing not to call, it is illegal for them to call. They have continued to call my family and friends even though they have received my letter.

They harassed my Mother about our payment and got her very upset. She also told them not to call her again. I told them I can not make my payment until they change the payments back to weekly as the contract states. You can not change the payment amount after Rent A Center has changed it online.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2013 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center/Chico-California-95928/Rent-A-Center-Illegally-called-my-family-and-friends-about-my-loan-Chico-California-1037444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent A Center

Rent A Center does not tell the truth

AUTHOR: Pat - ()

This so called person, AUTHOR: JanaReed - Dallas (United States of America), Is not a real person. I called the number provided and they have never heard of this person. This is fraud! Can not Rent A Center ever tell the truth. Why are they hiding behind false, fake names? They refused to help me!

Hi, Pat

AUTHOR: JanaReed - ()

Hi, Pat. The number that was previously provided to you is for the RAC Customer Care Team. If you describe your situation to them, they will be able to further direct your call and help work on a resolution with you. The Customer Care Team would really like to hear from you again, and we apologize for the confusion. Thanks!

no such person at the phone number

AUTHOR: Pat - ()

The person who filed a  rebuttal does not exist at the phone number given. I called and they do not know about my complaint or the person who filed the rebuttal. The person is not a real person.

Hi I work at RAC

AUTHOR: JanaReed - ()

Hi I work at RAC and I regret to hear about the issues youve been having with RAC. Wed really love to speak to you further and try to resolve these issues. Please give us a call at 1-800-422-8186. Thanks so much!