Complaint Review: Rent-A-Center

• Updated: Sat, December 07, 2013

• Reported By: Cave Dave — clrfld Pennsylvania
Rent-A-Center
5740 Shaffer Rd. DuBois, Pennsylvania USA

Rent-A-Center DuBois, Pa location I needed a couch for Thanksgiving weekend, due to guests coming. I contacted the store in DuBois, Pa. .......This was the first time and the last time I will ever use any of your stores again! First we picked a sectional for 29.99 a week(only needed for 1 week, but was told it has to be a 2 week charge.). Then we see a couch and love seat for 26.99 a week. We picked the couch and love seat, to save a few bucks. Well I still got charged the 29.99 a week. I needed something so didn't argue at the store. I was going to let it all go, untill today(12-7-13). Just got a call that a payment was due. They knew it was only 11 days I would have their property. Sales guy said he charged me for 12 days, but they were picking it up in 11 days. The love seat has 12-15 burn marks, which were documented, plus some rips/tears. Planned on covering the furniture anyway. ..... Long story short, I don't like being ripped off. I thought con men went to prison, or were in prison at 1 time. I doubt this will go anywhere, but i assure you, I will tell anyone and everyone not to ever use rent-a-center! Ripoffreport.com is a site that will hear from me on this matter also. Be stand up people and I would treat you like that, but when I feel ripped off, I will let all I can know how u abuse people and charge over what tag item was.....I knew when the total came to 58.55 I was being ripped off. Your sales guy was all talk and ripoff actions followed. Now they say they will pick the furniture up tuesday(12-10-13). I better not get an attitude when they come to pick up your burn mark and tore/ripped furniture. ........ David Palmer, 1 very unsatisfied customer! ps. optional liability damage waiver for 3.85 for burn marked and tore furniture. I wouldn't pay 100.00 to buy/own this set and yet you put on your sales floor, really! DuBois Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: I work at RAC...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2013 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center/DuBois-Pennsylvania-15801/Rent-A-Center-DuBois-Pa-location-I-needed-a-couch-for-Thanksgiving-weekend-due-to-guest-1105160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent-A-Center

I work at RAC...

AUTHOR: Jaime - ()

Hi, Dave. I work at RAC and it’s hard for me to hear that you’re experience with one of our stores in DuBois wasn’t the best. It’s difficult for me to know exactly what’s happening without seeing the details of your account, but I know that our Customer Care team would be more than happy to get some details from you and see what they can do for you. Please give them a call at 1-800-422-8186 when you get a chance, they’re there to help in situations like this. Thanks.