Complaint Review: Rent - A - Center

• Updated: Sat, April 02, 2011

• Reported By: Used & Abused — Sycamore Ohio United States of America
Rent - A - Center
1223 E Wyandot Avenue Upper Sandusky, Ohio United States of America

Rent - A - Center, Rent-A-Center Tried to fire me for a work related incident Upper Sandusky, Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: HI

*General Comment: Waders / Lawyer get both fast.

*Author of original report: LIED TO AGAIN!!!

*Author of original report: Wow, Maybe they do care?

On January 11th while loading a couch and loveseat into the truck my feet slipped off the liftgate while it was 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up. The co-worker with me was on the other side of the couch and asked if I was ok. I said yes and finished what we were doing. Over the next two days my back kept getting worse until it got to the point I couldn't stand or even sit without extreme pain. I saw my chiropractor on Thursday and he took me off until Monday. I gave the note to the second in command because the boss was late for work and wasnt there yet. Later that day my wife stopped to pick up a bag I left at the store and the store manager started screaming at her from his office, saying I had to contact him immediately or I was fired. I called and he proceeded to tell me I was in violation of call off procedures because I didnt contact him directly. Kind of hard to do when he isnt at work when he is supposed to be. I explained why I gave the info to the next in command and he let it go. He said I did have to come sign a write up and also file a workers comp form that day or I was fired. So I did what he asked.

After my appointment on Monday I was taken off until Friday because of the extent of my injury. Upon getting the paper my boss said the DM said if I was off any more past that monday I would be fired for unexcused absences. Even though I had a excuse and it was a work related injury. Within a few hours my boss calls back and says there was a mistake and I could come back under what is called a transitional employment. The write up I was told to sign was for missing to much work (4 days within a rolling 6 month period) When I got to looking one of the days they were using was a approved day off from my manager. Since our new employee has come in I have been busting my butt double time to get things done because she is lazy. She is constantly reading books, watching movies and playing on her cell phone. She drops everything she carries and customers have complained about her attitude and the fact that someone was going to end up hurt working with her. So in exchange for working my butt off and doing the job of two people I am now looking at loosing my job. Rent a Center doesnt care about its employees, it goes out of its way to screw their employees over every chance they can.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2010 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center/Upper-Sandusky-Ohio-43351/Rent-A-Center-Rent-A-Center-Tried-to-fire-me-for-a-work-related-incident-Upper-Sandu-556697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent - A - Center

#1 Consumer Suggestion

HI

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

Guess what? Ditto on the last  person that commented.  That is exactly what they will do...do not quit...ask for an accomodation in writing.  If you had a doctors not for the week you missed that is one absence? FYI Good Luck

#2 General Comment

Waders / Lawyer get both fast.

AUTHOR: T. Package - (United States of America)

First call or search for workers compensation attorneys in your area, you need to do this ASAP.

Second get a personal injury lawyer or find one that will do both Personal Injury/ Workers Comp.

Third go to the Occupational health.

Cant go into detail but have had a lot of experience with this over the past couple years ;-)

During this time of your injury they will send you to a " Independent medical examiner" (IME) doctor
this person is unfortunately paid to lie about your well being. Don't take it to rough though its there M.O.  Lies for hire as my lawyer put it.

Get copies of everything the incident report, print out your last 4 months "at min" paycheck info,write down every conversation you have date time, keep it all in a binder don't slack on this part it will pay off later.

Watch out for -
Short Term disability - They will cancel it or wont let you use it
Long  Term disability - Same thing don't count on using it

DO not quit period - They will push you around from start to finish, they will deny everything.

You should push to get a X-ray and or MRI you never know the true damage. Don't expect Home Office to help that much HR and Risk Management will pass your calls around like the plague. Weeks will go between calls.

Just buckle up for a ride and like the title says Get some waders cause the you know what is going to get deep quick.

Feel free to contact me at  (((ROR redacted)))
I will give you all the guidance I can.

LIED TO AGAIN!!!

AUTHOR: Used & Abused - (United States of America)

Wow what a company, they fired my manager yesterday. For not writing me up quick enough. They copied this post and handed it around to all the employees where I work. The District Manager did this!!!! Then they are having the girl I worked with write out a statement saying I was only 2 feet off the ground when I fell!! Way to create bad feelings between us for what I said about her being lazy then having her write a statement to try to get my claim dismissed. Come to find out the DM send my manager the write up they wanted signed so bad, and forged the date to show it as being drafted on the 11th, so they could cover themselves. He then told the manager to make sure he destroyed the email he sent it in so there was no evidence. Now come to find out they are just waiting to get me off medical so they can transfer to a store further away so I will quit. The DM told my manager when I had missed a couple weekends ago for the flu that he wanted a paper trail so he could get rid of me. Wow did I call that or what!! Now it seems they want to dupe me into trusting them so they can screw me over again. I guess I will have to speak with my lawyer and go ahead and get them for firing me for a work related accident. I guess they don't understand we have witnesses to what they said and did, perhaps a judge will help them to understand better. Do yourself a favor, do NOT work for this company. They will use you until your broken then go out of there way to get rid of you. I guess I will have to contact customers and let them know whats happening, since some of them can testify to the laziness of the girl and her disregard for their property. I do believe with all the testimony we have, RAC may have a problem on their hands. Another example of a big corporation crapping all over the blue collar worker.

Wow, Maybe they do care?

AUTHOR: Used & Abused - (United States of America)

I was contacted today by someone at Home Office who read my report on here. The gentlemen talked to me about the problems I listed and has even offered to get rid of my write up due to the circumstances. Maybe they actually do care about what happens to the employees who do actually work and do there job. The only concern I had was he seemed to try to say the store manager may have said the I was fired thing on his own and not thru the DM. Trust me, I doubt this highly, the store manager has pretty much always treated me good, the DM on the other hand has had it in for me since he first started for some reason. He has never followed chain of command when dealing with our store, hence the reason I asked to be demoted. But then I suddenly got demoted again within 3 weeks of taking over credit because he said he needed someone who was going to get credit on track. Low and behold the credit was back on the right track and heading the right way the exact weekend before my demotion. Then what they brought in to take my job managed to...........well..............I guess managed to do nothing, because credit was worse for the wear after her than before her.  Who knows. But my hats off to Rent a Center H.O for at least making a effort.