Complaint Review: Rent-A-Center

• Updated: Sat, June 15, 2013

• Reported By: Morvaina — 30340 Georgia
Rent-A-Center
5050 jimmy carter blvd suite 200 norcross, Georgia USA

Rent-A-Center I was lied to by this company and its going to cost me over a grand now!!!! norcross Georgia

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*UPDATE Employee: Hi - I work at RAC

*General Comment: Sounds like you were misinformed INTENTIONALLY.

I have been a RAC customer for many years now. It started when i was in indiana. I made my first purchase from a store in a town near where i lived. I was treated very well. I moved to georgia. fell on hard times and ending up sending back some stuff i was close to paying off.

This ended up in me having a huge credit with the company. I finished school, and finally found a job that allowed me to have my own place again. So......after some thought I went to redeem my credit. That was a fiasco. It ended up with me filing a complaint with the company. and talking to the district manager. She finally resolved the issue and i got my credit and the item i wanted. I still had some to pay on it but that was fine.

Here in lies my new complaint. I knew i was getting close to my 90 days. So i went in to make my bi weekly payment. After doing so, I asked how much the payoff would be. They kinda waffled around never really giving me an answer at first but then said, "well if you wait till next week it will only be 20.00" So stupidly I trusted the employee.

So pay day arrives 2 weeks later and i went in to make my payoff. Guess what. Didn't happen. I got told "Im sorry but you have missed your 90 day payoff by 2 days. You know have to pay the remaining 14 weeks . " I am so pissed. I spoke to the store manager and he of course did nothing so here i am once again.........90 freaking days later.....waiting for the district manager to call me.

I am livid. I should sue. This company is nothing but a bunch of ripoff artists selling used products at new prices and then their "new" price is 3x the market value of the item....... I will NEVER again Frequent this business. Congradulations RAC you have just lost a long time customer with your shoddy products customer service and policies. I hope you go out of business. No wonder aaron's out numbers you 2 to 1

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2013 10:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center/norcross-Georgia/Rent-A-Center-I-was-lied-to-by-this-company-and-its-going-to-cost-me-over-a-grand-now-1059497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent-A-Center

UPDATE

AUTHOR: morv - ()

I called the 800 number saturday and left a message for the district manager. She called me back today and left a message saying i could go in and make the 90 days same as cash payment and that she would take care of it. Either way I will not be going to rent a center again. Its just too expensive in the long run. I got approved for pay pal's layaway feature, and online prices tend to be cheaper in the long run. No finance or leasing fees and most online stores offer 6 months no interest as long as you pay it off in that time frame. In fact just bought my daughter a laptop through walmart. paid 300.00 rent a center price would have been close to a grand.

Hi - I work at RAC

AUTHOR: RAC Employee - ()

Hi – I work at RAC, and I regret to hear about the issues you described. Please understand that we always want to accommodate our customers and make sure that they pay for the items they have. Please give our Customer Care Team a call at 1-800-422-8186, and they will try to work this out with you. Thank you!

#3 General Comment

Sounds like you were misinformed INTENTIONALLY.

AUTHOR: JonathanX - ()

Sounds like this was all intentional that the employee told you to pay two days after he knew you would pass your deadline. File multiple complaints. File a complaint with the Attorney General. I HATE CROOKS quite simply and it sounds like this rental center is a crook.

This is a shady company anyway. Although I have never done business with them I know a few people who have and this company is ran by crooks and they have done a LOT of underhanded, crooked stuff to people.