Complaint Review: Rent A Center

Rent A Center
610 Black Horse Pike pleasantville, New Jersey USA

Rent A Center More Fees pleasantville New Jersey

*General Comment: um.....

I have been a customer with Rent-a-Center for at least seven years now and I realize they like to charge fees for renting furniture but I pay through the online payment feature and have been doing this from the start.  I just recieved a recliner from them this week and I used one of my payoff certicates to get a few free weeks on it but they never updated the computers in my account and I had to call to make my payment. The store associate told I have to pay a phone fee to make a payment when I call. They seem to be getting out of hand with the fees they come up with. Its not like they arent charging enough but why is it neccessary to add fees to everything.  DO THEY REALLY NEED TO HAVE A PHONE FEE AND A FEE FOR PAYING ONLINE NOW BECAUSE I ALSO NOTICED MY PAYMENT INCREASED FOR THE ONLINE OPTION AS WELL. When is it going to stop?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center/pleasantville-New-Jersey-08232/Rent-A-Center-More-Fees-pleasantville-New-Jersey-1070547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent A Center

#1 General Comment

um.....

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

When you stop making your purchases through rent a center.... You pay up to 4x the actual amount the item is worth. If you have been with them for over 7 years then you know very well the practices of this company. STOP USEING RENT A CENTER!!! Just save money THEN buy what you want. STOP GETTING SCREWED BY THIS COMPANY!! They prey on ppl who cant afford to outright purchase products.