Complaint Review: Rent-A-Center

• Reported By: corneilus — st louis Missouri United States of America
Rent-A-Center
3401 S Jefferson ave ]st louis, Missouri United States of America

*Consumer Suggestion: My suggestion

*UPDATE Employee: I work at RAC...

*Consumer Comment: Hard to tell from you poorly written report, but..

i rented a laptop for merchandise price $682.31. I paid $175.00 the first day,which they took out $179.00 of my debtit card 30 days later $200.00.was late 30 days later 4 days now they said i owe them $151.00 today and my total cost will be 8 monthly payment of $151.60.Remember this was "90 day same as cash". Now it will cost me a total of $1480.32 to keep my laptop, So they just took $375.00 for 30 days of use. Yes i gave them the laptop back  in which they came and got before i could erace my infro. What will they do with that

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Center/st-louis-Missouri-63118/Rent-A-Center-RAC-did-not-keep-agreement-for-90-day-same-as-cash-and-call-10-st-louis-M-954463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent-A-Center

#1 Consumer Suggestion

My suggestion

AUTHOR: Trace - ()

I feel for you but at the same time wonder why people are still using this company. You usually end up paying 2 sometimes 3 times the retail cost of the items they carry. The terms are not really that good either. It's amazing that it's even legal to run a business like this. Then you use the item and give it back to them and what do they do? Lease to own it out to someone else and charge the same price. On a used item mind you! I used this company once when I was 20 with no credit and just flat out did not know better but never again. I ended up paying like $1400.00 for a video camera that was only worth less than $500 in the stores. If anyone else out there is reading these reviews to make a decision on whether or not to use RAC, take my advice and don't.

I work at RAC...

AUTHOR: RAChelp - (USA)

Hi - I work with Rent-A-Center and Im so sorry to hear about the problems youve had with your

payments. Wed like to work with you to try and fix the issues you experienced and  improve your experience at RAC. We can also assure you that any of your personal information that we previously left on the computer will be deleted and cleaned from the hard drive to protect your privacy. Please reach out to our Customer Service line at 1-800-422-8186 so we can address the issue. We are here to assist you. Thanks.

Hard to tell from you poorly written report, but..

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

looks like you didn't live up to your agreement for the 90 days same as cash.

"Rent-A-Center RAC did not keep agreement for 90 day same as cash and call 10 ]st louis, Missouri"

".was late 30 days later 4 days"

Looks like you shot yourself in the foot.