Complaint Review: Rent A Wreck Car Rental

• Submitted: Sat, December 29, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 09, 2009

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Rent A Wreck Car Rental
2149 N. CICERO AVE. Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Rent A Wreck Car Rental Do not rent from this shady, thieving agency This place should be out of business. Stay away from these scammers Chicago Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Marla"s fabrication

*Consumer Suggestion: Marla, you still dont get it. Here are some facts.

*Author of original report: Name says it all, but it doesn't mean that it has to have SHADY business practices.

*Consumer Suggestion: Marla, the name says it all!

Their cars are defective. They are trying to bill me for their own lemons.

It was around Christmas time and all the other PROFESSIONAL places I usually rent from ( Enterprise, Budget) were out of cars. I made the mistake of trying this place.

I picked up the car and told their rep that the left front tire looked low. He said that it was fine. An hour later, I had a flat. I called office to tell them that I would put on spare and return car. The spare did not fit the car. I called their roadside assistance, who finally came 2 hours later, and towed it to a place 20 mins away, which could not fix tire until next day. I called rental office- no answer, no machine to leave message. I did not receive a replacement. I shouldnt have been charged a dime ( no goods, no services). I should have been reimbursed and compensated for cab fare and hardship. I was never able to use the car for what it was being rented for,and now 5 days later, they are trying to bill me for the FULL deposit, CLAIMING I caused damage to rim and driver's side window- when I relinquished all responsibility when their business came to tow the car. Shady, lying, cheating I reported to BBB and will take them to court

Marla
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2007 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-A-Wreck-Car-Rental/Chicago-Illinois-60639/Rent-A-Wreck-Car-Rental-Do-not-rent-from-this-shady-thieving-agency-This-place-should-be-295534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent A Wreck Car Rental

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Owner - (U.S.A.)

What Marla neglected to state in her report was the reason the tire went flat and the rim was damaged. She forgot to mention that she ran over a curb , bent the rim and caused $300.00 damage to our car. The reason the spare tire did not work was because it was placed on the car backward. The entire incident she is trying to blame us for was caused by her own negligence. After she negligently damaged our vehicle she has twisted what really happened in an attempt not to be held responsible for her irresponsible actions

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Marla, you still dont get it. Here are some facts.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Marla,

First of all, RARELY does a TOW COMPANY do TIRE REPAIR on a car. Some will change a tire, if you have a spare, but that's it. Most tow companies DO NOT offer any kind of repairs. They just TOW.

That is why you got towed to a FIRESTONE, as THEY repair tires. They do not tow.

2 Separate businesses here.

And, regardless of whether they would have offered riembursement, you STILL would have saved money and time in the long run.

Just common sense here.

AUTHOR: Marla - (U.S.A.)

Steve,

Believe me, I am not cheap. I will pay extra for GPS and satellite. I am fan of luxury and getting what you pay for. If you read what I had posted, as a regular customer of Budget and Enterprise, I was desperate to rent a car and all the other places had nothing.

Also, I can pretty much guarantee that I would have never gotten reimbursed by this company to have the tire patched (or else it would have been taken care of by the service who towed the car for Rent A Wreck and NOT from a Firestone 20 mins away!)

And AGAIN why should I have to take care of anything for a car I have rented. That is what I am playing for, isn't it? I am not paying to waste time fixing their cars.

This is a forum for consumers who were unfairly treated. So, who are you,Steve? If I can help someone else out by suggesting ANY PLACE ELSE other than Rent A Wreck, what difference does it make to you?

I dont think there is another entry about Rent a Wreck, because I am imagining the bad business practices of the franchise.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Marla, the name says it all!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Marla,

The name says it all! Rent a wreck! You wanted CHEAP, so you got CHEAP. I hate to say it, but you get what you pay for.

And, you knowingly took the car with a low tire! Right then, you should have demanded a different car, or that the one with the low tire was fixed properly BEFORE leaving. You made the CHOICE to drive that car.

Now, due to your choice to drive on a low/flat tire, you ruined the rim. Again, your choice.

The simple solution would have been to pull into any tire place and have it checked/fixed, and get a reciept for riembursement. Very simple solution here.

Its not like there was a major mechanical problem.