Complaint Review: Rent One

• Submitted: Thu, March 03, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, March 12, 2005

• Reported By:Mt Vernon Illinois
Rent One
612 S 42nd St Mount Vernon, Illinois U.S.A.

Rent One ripoff Mount Vernon Illinois

*Author of original report: Rent One I am very glad I was persistant about this and sastified with the out come

I purchaced a Amana washer in 2002 for $300.00 I was having problems with it in Jan of 2005 the washer started smoking. I had called Rent one to see what kind of warrenty was still on it because the washer would not spin. I was told that it was under warranty. They came and took it to be fixed and when I called a week later they told me that it would cost $398.00 to fix it. A bearing was supposed to have gone out. I asked for the estimate and never have gotten one. Their answer to this was I could purchase another washer for $200.00 I asked them to bring me one and 1/27/05 they brought out a different washer. This was a piece of junk!!!!

I called the store and told them I wanted another washer or mine fixed they in turn brought another washer out and this was filthy. I called and emailed the main office. Never did they return the emails. The store manager Tery did call and he promised that he would get me another washer.

This was on Feb. 5th. I have not seen a new washer. I do not mind paying for something that is decent and in good shape. But not this junk they have given me!! I am a single mom and this is wrong if they have done this to me how many others has the company done this to?

Linda
Mt Vernon, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2005 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-One/Mount-Vernon-Illinois-62864/Rent-One-ripoff-Mount-Vernon-Illinois-133561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent One

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I finaly got an answer to my problem with Rent One. I had told them that my washer was still under warrenty according to Amana.
I also saw my washer sitting in their back room and told them this. In turn The Rent One manager told me he would try to make this right. and he was sorry for the inconvience. On Friday March 11 I was given a brand new washer. I am very glad I was persistant about this and sastified with the out come. I think the employees there think they can push a woman around and get away with it. I don't know if the manager ever called Amana but at least I have a good washer again and don't have to worry about getting a junk one.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC