Complaint Review: Rent a Wreck

• Updated: Wed, September 11, 2013

• Reported By: Joshua — lonaconing Maryland
Rent a Wreck
15810 National Highway Frostburg, Maryland USA

Rent a Wreck Fisher's Loaner Cars Write off any deposit, he has not returned one to anybody I know. Frostburg Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: Follow up, refund issued by Rent-A-Wreck

*Author of original report: Matter is resolved.

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Rent-A-Wreck

There is a laundry list of things wrong with this company and owner in my mind, including the most recent, my deposit. Law states that a deposit must be returned within 30 days, or an explanation given in writing as to why there was not one given. This company has done neither.

First, I returned the loaner with more than enough gas. Second, there was no "automated ticket liens" on it. Third, I even vacuumed it so they oculd rapidly retun it. Additionally, of course, I would not be complaining if tehre was any damage against it. Which, coincidently, does not matter at this point because he is alrady in violation of the law.

I am not the onluy person who has had this issue. There are six including myself who I have spoken to in the past few weeks who clearly do not trust this man for the same reason. Now, in addition to the deposit the van door lock on the driver side came loose and I had to sleep in the van to prevent anybody from taking my things since the door would not lock, or shut for that matter. The next day I paid for, out of my pocket, for it to be repari even though this is clearly an issue with maintnecne and not the fault of any tenant. (I guess they are welcome for me ficing their problem for them.)

Rentaing the vehicle was a nightmare because they charged my card when I clearly told them I would pay cash. Why did I want to pay cash? They charge your 10% to charge a card. Really? In this day and age? It was a $1000 purchase so needless to say I wanted to pay cash. So, it was a few hour ordeal to get my bank to realease the funds they incorrectly charged.

I could go on, but it should not be neccessary. The deposit only, $150, should be enough to make any person rethink them. You get what you pay for and if you count off the deposit they are the most expensive place in town. Do yourself a favor and avoid them, rather the car rental or auto shop known as Fisher's, at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-a-Wreck/Frostburg-Maryland-21532/Rent-a-Wreck-Fishers-Loaner-Cars-Write-off-any-deposit-he-has-not-returned-one-to-anybo-1083688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent a Wreck

Follow up, refund issued by Rent-A-Wreck

AUTHOR: Rent-A-Wreck of America - ()

A refund has been issued to this customer for the balance of their deposit.  We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it caused.

Sincerely,

Rent-A-Wreck Customer Service

Matter is resolved.

AUTHOR: Joshua - ()

I am please to announce that this matter has been resolved. I came out of a meeting and had a voicemail from a very nice gentleman from the corporate ofices. He says that I did go over a few miles and that I will be receiving the check in the mail shortly.

He also stated that the local office had done so before I even wrote this report, or contacted the corporate offices. If I give them the benefit of the doubt, which I feel is confident that I can, it resolves the deposit matter. (Of course, if I do not get a check I will be upset.)

As far as the individuals I have spoken with, I cannot speak for them on why they did not get their deposits back. Perhaps, they were not aggressive enough. I would definitely contact this company on day 21 if you have not receievd a deposit back from them to hjelp refresh them.

Since this was my largest complaint and the other things could have happened anywhere (except credit card charges because nowhere else charges that fee) I would consider doing business with this location again provided that they take care of records to prevent this sort of thing from happening to myself and others.

Response from Rent-A-Wreck

AUTHOR: Rent-A-Wreck of America - ()

Rent-A-Wreck is committed to quality customer service, and we will investigate this situation.  We were contacted by the indivudual who left this report via our custoemr service website at 4:56 pm eastern time yesterday, 9/12/13.  A customer servcie representative will be following up with the customer and this location today to attempt to solve this problem.

If you would like to contact Rent-A-Wreck cistomer service, plase call us at (240) 581-1308.