Complaint Review: Rent-a-center Cashadvantedge ,cash Advance For Check On Hold)

• Submitted: Mon, November 10, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 22, 2009

• Reported By:union city Tennessee
Rent-a-center Cashadvantedge ,cash Advance For Check On Hold)
1445 S. First St. Union City, Tennessee U.S.A.

Rent-a-center Cashadvantedge ,cash Advance For Check On Hold , went in the store to get an advance went back pd ck. & they cashed it anyways & said sorry Union City Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: I hope you learned

*Author of original report: rent-a-center

First and for most I would do all possible to not get cought up in non of these places, but sometimes it's an only way out for some of us (usaully lower income people ) no offence as I to am in the under low income. The average apr interest rate for most all these check advance places is 238% to 476% annually!!! That is a legal loan shark business!

My experiance at this paticular store has been good in the past & I know mistakes can happen but thats not what I was told at the store ! I had to prove that after I pd. the check they still run it which cost me an overdraft charge plus $6.00 daily for each day I remained over and now I just spoke with them and I have to also prove the daily charge , well thats fine but a sorry note to the bank would be appreciated by me and if it would have been the other way around they would want my hide NO THEY WOULD PUT ME IN JAIL & yet all I get is exactly what it cost me out of pocket.

I always made ends meet befor these places opened up and I personally woul shout with glee if the Gov. shut them all down , for all they are is a legal loan shark bussinesses. I HOPE that everyone who reads this PLEASE GET YOUR CHECK & SHREAD IT YOURSELF.

Personaly I feel they should give the ck. amount + any & all extra cost involved !!

me
union city, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2008 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-a-center-Cashadvantedge-cash-Advance-For-Check-On-Hold/Union-City-Tennessee-38261/Rent-a-center-Cashadvantedge-cash-Advance-For-Check-On-Hold-went-in-the-store-to-get-an-389801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent-a-center Cashadvantedge ,cash Advance For Check On Hold)

I hope you learned

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

not to go these buisnesses

and to keep reciepts for everything you paid. How did you pay for this item? cash?

rent-a-center

AUTHOR: Rlm - (U.S.A.)

Now nearly 2 years later RAC claims i still haven't pd. the above mentioned ck. and they have me down on credit report that check (that was pd. and ran also) is in their files as never pd. so they give me a ph# to IE headquatersat an 866 # who then gives me a run around with a cokamania story that the distric manager wil call me within a 24 hr. period , this does not help my current position. I found out about this yesterday when I placed an app. for a small loan and RAC has done nothing but be a smart a_s about the whole ordeal. Personally I would recomend no one do any bussiness with this company at any location. 1st. off they want me to prove it & I can not do this because the check was distroyed , 2nd. they can,,'t produce the so called check so they send me to home office who in turn can't seem to find it so they tell me I have to speak with distric manager who also won't be able to prove it because it does not exist.3rd It's 1 run anound after another. RAC is a very dangerious place to do as far as i am concerned ANY BUSSINESS with and if possible please go else where and if you do go for a purchase at RAC : PLEASE BY ALL MEANS READ & REREAD THE CONTRACT TIL YOUR ABSOLUTELY SURE THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO FOR IT WILL RUIN YOU & YOUR CREDIT AND BE SURE TO PAY EXSPECIALLY CLOSE ATTENTION TO 90 DAYS SAME AS CASH or you may lose. I am just a concerned citizen who don't like liars and theives. RAC FITS THE CATAGORY 100% . Sign this letter as just a another poor citizen tiried of being pushed by big corporate companies . Me