Complaint Review: Rent-a-home

• Submitted: Fri, July 12, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: laraparis — sannois
24 brook street liverpool, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Rent-a-home Scammer in Dublin (never send money via moneygram or western union) liverpool united kingdom

Hello everydoby,

I write this message because I deal with a scammer, and I lost 800€ (the security deposit) by booking an apartment in Dublin by sending money by MONEYGRAM. So, I want to warn you !

The owner was a woman, very nice by mail and available, but after sending the money I never had news about !! the email adress of the real estate agency didn't work and the website too. The owner didn't reply to me after. I found other witness about this scammer.

Hello,    I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in : 69 Francis Street, Dublin, Co. Dublin, Írland. The apartment is still available , with 2 rooms : 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen and 1 living room (80m2 ). The apartment is in the best conditions, furnished and have all the equipment that you will need including TV and washing machine. [continued below]....

..... I can rent you the apt. for unlimited time. I really want to find a good and responsible tenant and I was hoping if you can send me some personal information's about yourself. The rent price is 400 Euro p/m including all utilities for as long as you need and the deposit is also Euro 400. The deposit will be returned as soon as you will decide to leave from the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days notice). The pets and dogs are ok to me. I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Írland , but now she's back home in United Kingdom permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time and I left the keys and contract of the apartment, already signed by me, at a company called Rent-a-Home . If you want to find more about how this transaction can work please get back to me anytime and I will send you more information step by step.   Here are some pictures of my apt,please click of the link:

Thank you for your interest and awaiting your reply,

Kayleigh Godfrey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rent-a-home/liverpool-Select-StateProvince/Rent-a-home-Scammer-in-Dublin-never-send-money-via-moneygram-or-western-union-liverpool-1066404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rent-a-home