Complaint Review: Rental Sweets

• Submitted: Sat, October 27, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 27, 2012

• Reported By: Tina — La Mesa California United States of America
Rental Sweets

Rental Sweets scam, rip off, false advertisement, stole money, lied, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: In response

Rental Sweets is a web-based company who will claim to help people find properties to rent.  They placed a fake advertisement on Craigslist. They advertised a property and when I called the number they were actually a company that claimed they could help find a rental for me.

They told me there was an initial fee of $60 that needed to be paid up front. The man on the phone told me that once I paid the fee, if they did not provide me with a rental that fit my description within 3 days I would get a full refund of my money. Since I need to move on very short notice, I have a dog, and I am  not familiar with the area I was willing to pay $60 to have someone help me.

Well the initial search they did for me came up with 3 properties that did not meet the criteria of being near the 5 freeway. There were not in the neighborhood I wanted, they did not meet my criteria. I did another search, which still has not been answered.

Today is the third day so I called to get my refund since they did not keep their end of the deal to provided me with at least 3 properties that met my criteria. These are the same 3 properties that were listed in the craigslist ads I noticed later. I was on hold for over 20 minutes and the man who answered the phone rudely told me they would not refund my money because "all sales were final". I told him I was told I had 3 days to get a refund if they couldnt help me find a property that meets my criteria. He argued with me that they had provided me with 3 properties. When I pointed out they did not meet my criteria he stated there was nothing he could do to refund my money but that he would call me back on Monday.

I highly doubt I will get a call back and I want my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2012 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rental-Sweets/internet/Rental-Sweets-scam-rip-off-false-advertisement-stole-money-lied-Internet-960932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rental Sweets

In response

AUTHOR: RentalSweets - ()

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our service.

The agent was incorrect in telling you that there was a free 3 day trial.  We provide a service and information.  It is therefore difficult to evaluate if the services we provided was not useful.

If you call our support team at:

(800) 422-3475

I will instruct them to issue a refund.  I realize that it has been quite some time since you made your purchase.

Mark W.