Complaint Review: Rental Verfied

• Reported By: Not happy — Evanston Illinois
Rental Verfied
Internet USA

Rental Verfied Property Rental Scam Internet

I just move to the Chicland area and was told craigslist was the best way to go to find rental property. I came across and ad for a 3 bedroom. For $1200, which didn't sound strange to me. I have'nt had to rent in about 12 years so the price seemed reasonable. I received  and reply email (see below), I was asked to do a. A kground check and   followed link which led me Rental Verfied. I filled in the information and let Payton know that it had been complete to please call me at my number to setup vewing of property. I've been looking for a rent property for so long that this one didn't seem so strange.

I have been asked crazy stuff during my search which I denied I guess I was tired at this point. Around 11:00I realized the Payton had not reply to my email which seems strange to me so I checked my banking account and they had double charged me for the background check so I called the number spoke to someone and they say that would reverse it when I got off the phone I just realized that I probably have been scanned and started to do research and found out that this is a very popular scam. I feel so gullible and of course you know the end of the story no appointment to view the apartment, 39.95 gone and the very real threat possible identity.

From: "figueroapayton503@yahoo.com" <figueroapayton503@yahoo.com>
Date: October 13, 2013 at 7:32:17 AM CDT
To:
Subject: $1200 / 3br - 1275ftu00b2 - Place in Cute Community Renting Immediately* (Evanston)

D.,

We appreciate your interest in our property for rent.

The property we have available for rent right now is a 3 bedroom with garage in a high demand area. The rental has a washer and dryer.

There have not been any pets in the property so there are no smells, stains or odors. The property is pet friendly with no breed restrictions, we do not charge a fee or require a deposit but if your pet damages the property you are responsible for repairs.

To rent our property we require the following:

1. A valid Driver?s License or Photo ID
2. The first months rent
3. Completed background check for each applicant
4. Lease Agreement (month to month, 6 months or 1 year), I'll bring it to the showing

You can complete the background check online using Rental Verified: link.

This is an affordable way for me to screen applicants based on prior tenant history and employment information. If you have a felony or poor tenant history, I am flexible and I'll work with you.

This property rents quickly, let me know when you've completed your background check and are ready to schedule a viewing. It's in a .pdf, you can print it and bring to the showing or email it to me.

What is the best contact number for you? Are you available tomorrow?

I will be available tomorrow, Monday morning.

Payton

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 05:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rental-Verfied/internet/Rental-Verfied-Property-Rental-Scam-Internet-1091765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rental Verfied