Complaint Review: Rental Verified

• Reported By: KeepItReal — California
Rental Verified
Internet USA

Rental Verified AKA Tenant Verified Rental Scam!! Beware!! Vacaville California

*Consumer Comment: Same Scam in Michigan, word for word!

*Consumer Comment: Same exact scam in St. Petersburg, Florida

*General Comment: Same exact scam in Houston, Texas now

Here is the e-mail I recieved after responding to a (too good to be true) rental ad on Craigslist in the Bay Area (CA). Luckily for me I am worldly enough to know a scam when I see one so I immediately responded by asking this person to provide me the address as I know that most places arn't going to have to screen without first making sure you even want the place. Plus when I clicked on the link and saw the price I was like "What?, hell no".

Let this be a lesson to all, if it sounds to good tobe true it probably is but even if it doesn't it takes only a few moments to cross reference a business online these days. A simple Google search will pretty much tell you everything you need to know about products and services so do your homework, or be made a fool of with no one to blame but yourself.

Jennifer,

We appreciate your interest in our home for rent.

The property we have that?s currently vacant today is a 3 bedroom 3.0 bath with garage in an amazing area. The rental has a washing machine and dryer.

There have not been any pets in the home so there are no smells, stains or odors. The home is pet friendly with no breed restrictions, we do not charge a fee or require a deposit but if your pet damages the property you are responsible for repairs.

1. A valid Driver?s License or Photo ID

2. The first months rent

3. Background check for each applicant

4. Lease Agreement (month to month, 6 months or 1 year), I'll bring it to the showing

You can complete the background check online using Rental Verified: link.

This is an affordable way for me to screen applicants based on prior tenant history and employment information. If you have a felony or poor rental history, I'm flexible and I'll work with you.

This property rents quickly, contact me when you've completed your background check and are ready to schedule a viewing. It's in a .pdf, you can print it and bring to the showing or email it to me.

What's the best contact number for you? Are you available tomorrow?

I will be available tomorrow, Tuesday morning.

Alexa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rental-Verified/internet/Rental-Verified-AKA-Tenant-Verified-Rental-Scam-Beware-Vacaville-California-1063762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rental Verified

Same Scam in Michigan, word for word!

AUTHOR: Joe - ()

Thank you for your interest in our property for rent.

The home we have available for rent right now is a 1 bedroom 1.0 bath with garage in an excellent neighborhood. The home has a washer and dryer.

There have not been any pets in the property so there are no smells, stains or odors. The property is pet friendly with no breed restrictions, we do not charge a fee or require a deposit but if your pet damages the property it is up to you to complete all repairs.

1. A valid Driver's License or Photo ID

2. The 1st months rent

3. Background check for each applicant

4. Rental Agreement (month to month, 6 months or 1 year), I will bring this to the showing

You can complete the backg round check online using Rental Verified: link.

This is an easy way for me to screen applicants based on previous rental history and employment information. If you have a felony or bad rental history, I am flexible and I will help you out.

This property rents quickly, contact me once you've completed your background check and are ready to schedule a viewing. It is in a .pdf, you can print it and bring to the showing or email it to me.

What's the best contact number for you? Are you available tomorrow?

I will be available tomorrow, Saturday morning.

amy

Same exact scam in St. Petersburg, Florida

AUTHOR: Risata - ()

Yep, same deal. A great looking place, too good to be true. Inquired anyway out of curiousity. My first red flag was an @mail.com address.

Then I received the reply from a different address than I sent it to. And it was almost word for word.

I can't copy and paste since I'm using Firefox, but trust me.....same exact email almost verbatim.

Not sure what happens to people who actually do the check or call these numbers. I looked up the rental verfied company and then I found this site report.

Darn. Cuz it was a really great place for an unbelievable price lol.

#3 General Comment

Same exact scam in Houston, Texas now

AUTHOR: Cara - ()

I recieved this email after inquiring in an apartment on Craigslist in the Houston, TX area:

Cara,

We appreciate your interest in our property for rent.

The rental we have available for rent today is a 1 bedroom 1.5 bath with garage in an amazing neighborhood. The rental has a full size washer and dryer.

There have not been any pets in the property so there are no smells, stains or odors. The property is pet friendly with no breed restrictions, we do not charge a fee or require a deposit but if your pet damages the property you are responsible for repairs.

1. A valid Driver's License or Photo ID
2. The 1st months rent
3. Background check for each applicant
4. Rental Agreement (month to month, 6 months or 1 year), I will bring this to the viewing

You can complete the background check online using Rental Verified: link.

This is an affordable way for me to screen applicants based on prior tenant history and job history. If you have a felony or poor rental history, I am flexible and I will work with you.

This property rents quickly, let me know when you have your background check and are ready to schedule a viewing. It's in a .pdf, you can print it and bring to the viewing or email it to me.

What is the best contact number for you? Are you available tomorrow?

I will be available tomorrow, Monday morning.

Dallis

Sound familiar? It's almost word for word the same email Jennifer got. They also linked me to rentalverified.com/pricing?i=285774. If someone requests you use this, I suggest seeing the place or meeting with the person first. Rental verified can be a legitimate site, but the people using it in this way are not. Beware!