Complaint Review: RentalCars.Com Division of Priceline.com

• Updated: Wed, April 09, 2014

• Reported By: Summer — Las Vegas Nevada
RentalCars.Com Division of Priceline.com
Internet USA

RentalCars.Com Division of Priceline.com Didn't refund insurance when i cancelled it in a timely manner. Internet

I rented the car online at the beginning of November 2013 online. My mom told me i didn't need the rental car insurance, so i attempted to find their number on their site. There isn't a phone number. It directs you to an email contact request. So on November 22nd, i emailed the company requesting a cancellation of the insurance. There was no response. I finally found a phone number and the person on the phone said to email them. I thought i was fine, however on November 16th, they charged my card. I picked the car up on December 1st and immediately called rental cars.com, got a person and this time they said i would have to cancel the whole rental to get the $55 back and would need ot do it by email. I again sent an email and got a confirmation email almost immediately that the car had been cancelled. It said in the email that my credit card has been refunded. To this date, December 12th, It has not been reimbursed. When i phoned in to the company again, the person on the phone said i needed to contact their customer service and of course, they were not available at the time. It was 12:00 Noon pacific time, and i find it hard to believe they were not open. I need to get my refund and am trying to contact my credit card company as well as priceline and rentalcars.com again.

Summer / Las Vegas, NV

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RentalCarsCom-Division-of-Pricelinecom/internet/RentalCarsCom-Division-of-Pricelinecom-Didnt-refund-insurance-when-i-cancelled-it-in-a-1106500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RentalCars.Com Division of Priceline.com