Complaint Review: RentalCars.com

• Submitted: Sun, April 28, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: Basil — Doha Internet
RentalCars.com

RentalCars.com Priceline Pre-paid for a car rental but was not issued a car Internet

I prepaid for a car with rentalcars.com (150usd). When I went to their supplier (Dollar Car Rental in Dubai Airport), the supplier would not issue me the car. When I was at the car rental station, they promised a refund, but now they changed their mind and decided to keep the money.

In the terms and conditions it states that they need a "Mastercard or Visa Credit Card" for the payment of the security deposit.  (1) I provided the first card - but some error occurred (connection or other).

(2) I then proceeded to provide another Mastercard, but they refused to try it since it was not "embosed". (3) I then even offered my companion Credit Card (which is embosed) but they refused to use it since the booking is under my name. When I requested to change the booking name, they doubled the price.

I finally offered cash - but that too was not acceptable to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2013 02:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RentalCarscom/internet/RentalCarscom-Priceline-Pre-paid-for-a-car-rental-but-was-not-issued-a-car-Internet-1046776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RentalCars.com