Complaint Review: RentalCars.com

• Reported By: Mike — Portland Oregon
RentalCars.com
Internet USA

RentalCars.com RentalCars.com Wanted Me To Pay More or Lose Everything Internet

While they advertise that they help you make free amendments to your rental, it's a completely useless and pointless service once you need it. You'll realize this after they cleverly explain what it REALLY means. What it means it that they'll offer to update your reservation so that it's one day less than you originally asked for, while making that reservation cost you hundreds of dollars more in total.

So, if you're me, that means that when you're on vacation with your wife and your flight is delayed by a day, they'll offer to change your car rental so that you can pick up your car a day later (as you need), but that they'll increase your total rental price $200+. So, they wanted us to pay almost double the cost for a reservation that was one day less.

The customer service representative that we spoke with said they could do that for us, or we would lose our reservation entirely. If we simply kept our reservation as is, we would arrive at the pickup a day late (due to our delayed flight) and still not get a car. Full price paid, but no car. So, our options (as they told us) were to lose everything or pay a ridiculously higher rate to change our reservation and get a car for fewer days.

Funny thing is, when I actually managed to talk to the "provider" (Budget), they happily changed my existing reservation so that I'd keep the same car, the same rate, and the same total. They told me to just call RentalCars.com back to send an updated "voucher" back to them so I wouldn't have to pay for the day I wasn't using due to the delayed flight.

Budget was very helpful. RentalCars.com wasn't and kept telling me that there were NO options other than to pay them more and more money. For anyone curious, I spoke with a rep named AJ and a manager named Hadrian. Both weren't interested in going the extra mile (or inch) for their customers.

I'll never use them again and will be researching alternative companies for my next trip. I had a fantastic experience with EuropeCar while in Scotland earlier this month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RentalCarscom/internet/RentalCarscom-RentalCarscom-Wanted-Me-To-Pay-More-or-Lose-Everything-Internet-1070748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RentalCars.com