• Report: #1061901

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: PSW — Epping Other
Rentalcar.com
Internet United Kingdom

Rentalcar.com had fine print which meant they could appear to charge one amount when the amount was more  Internet

Here is a letter sent to Rentacar.com.

Rental reference: 486683755

We recently used your service and it was an unmitigated disaster and Cost me £70 in cancellation fees for a car I could not pick-up because of your fine print.

I booked a car and Paid the £130 upfront – only to arrive at the rental and be told I needed to pay another £500 as a deposit before using the car. I refused as this was not the terms as I understood them.

Your fine print however explained what was included and did not specify explicitly that a deposit of between $500-1500 would be required until you pointed this out to me ..

So to all other users of your web site be aware this has been a costly experience and not an enjoyable one!

You destroyed any joy of attending my families wedding – and you then charged me £70 for the privilege! Shame on you!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rentalcarcom/internet/Rentalcarcom-had-fine-print-which-meant-they-could-appear-to-charge-one-amount-when-the-1061901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rentalcar.com