Complaint Review: Rentalcars.com

• Submitted: Tue, July 02, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: mandyjb — Sydney Australia
Internet United Kingdom

Rentalcars.com AKA Travel Jigsaw Priceline Group No Car, No Refund - Computer Glitch at Their End Manchester United Kingdom Internet

I travelled back to the UK to visit family and went to collect a car from Hertz in Northampton.

When trying to complete the forms to release the car (booked through Travel Jigsaw in affiliation with RentalCars.com) the lady at the Hertz counter kept receiving an error on her screen saying ‘Reservation Rate Guarantee Not Found’.  We showed her the receipt that we had paid in full for the car hire but the system would not let her progress with releasing the car.

She was trying to get through to Travel Jigsaw (it was a Saturday) for about 30 minutes in order for them to help resolve the block, but they didn’t answer (just rang out) so in the end, we had to leave with no vehicle as we were late for an appointment.  When asking Hertz about claiming a refund, they advised me to speak to Travel Jigsaw and Rentalcars.com.

Firstly, I called rentalcars.com and was told to email via the website.  I was told I would have a response within 28 days.  So I did this on the 3rd June 2013.  I had heard nothing by the 28th June so I called them again to remind them I was waiting for a response by the 1st July.

I spoke with a call centre manager who informed me that they would have this resolved within one day as they had made contact with Hertz and just needed to confirm the response from them.  I have still heard nothing and it’s been over a month now.  So I am out of pocket 150 pounds and had no car for the last part of my trip.  AWFUL EXPERIENCE AND WILL NEVER USE AGAIN. Had this issue been resolved when they said it would be, I would have thought better of them but I feel totally ripped off and angry that I have to keep taking time out of my evenings to call them from Australia.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rentalcarscom/internet/Rentalcarscom-AKA-Travel-Jigsaw-Priceline-Group-No-Car-No-Refund-Computer-Glitch-at-T-1064014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rentalcars.com