Complaint Review: Rentalcars.com

• Reported By: J Hollar — Montpelier Vermont United States of America
Rentalcars.com
Floors 2-5, St. George's House, 56 Peter St. Internet United States of America

Rentalcars.com Car rental rip-off Manchester, UK, Internet

I reserved a car in France with Rentalcars.com for one week and received a confirmation email in English.  I decided to cancel the next day and take the train instead.  I received a confirmation email in French, which I assumed was simply a confirmation of my cancellation.  Instead, it was a notice that I would have to pay for three days of rental if I continued with the cancellation.  There are two lessons here:  1) reserve cars directly from car rental companies, where cancellation fees are small or non-existent; and 2) don't use Rentalcars.com.  It is an English company; I made my reservation in English; they confirmed it in English; yet they chose to notify me of the cancellation fee in French.  The company's profit from this linguistic fraud was $152.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rentalcarscom/internet/Rentalcarscom-Car-rental-rip-off-Manchester-UK-Internet-965844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rentalcars.com