Complaint Review: Rentalcars.com

• Submitted: Tue, June 10, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, June 10, 2014

• Reported By: spikeyman00 — London Other
Internet USA

Rentalcars.com Refused refund ( I would not pay extra charges for insurance at car rental office) Internet

Rental seems cheap online, until you arrive at the rental company. I chose Firefly worst company I had ever dealt with for hiring a car. I took my VISA debit card to which I was told I can not use, even though rentalcars.com took my money from this card origionally.

They tried to rip me off with extra insurance, pay for over priced full tank of fuel. Take 600 Euro's from my account for deposit.
Since I have rented very many cars in past, this is the worst service I have ever encountered, Rentalcars.com are now refusing to refund my money. Since I decided I was not going to pay all the extra charges they where asking for.

Avoid at all costs. What seems cheap will sting you when go to take the car. Stick to a reputable car hire company. Sixth car hire closeby said they have numerous customers not happy with Firefly that use them instead.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2014 06:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Rentalcarscom/internet/Rentalcarscom-Refused-refund-I-would-not-pay-extra-charges-for-insurance-at-car-rental-1153492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Rentalcars.com