Complaint Review: Repair For Less

• Submitted: Fri, December 19, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, December 20, 2003

• Reported By:Mesa Arizona
Repair For Less
348 W. 10th Avenue Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Repair For Less ripoff Mesa Arizona

*Author of original report: Repair For Less, Mesa, Arizona Consumer Beware

When I contacted the Better Business Bureau (BBB) back in June 2003, The BBB had Repair for Less's membership listed as suspended. As of Dec. 17th 2003, Repair for Less is still on the BBB suspension list.

Like another individual who commented in ripoff reports about Repair for Less, I ALSO was told that I needed a rebuilt engine. Fortunately, I had an estimate from a prior company saying all I needed were valve cover gaskets.

I also received another estimate after leaving Repair for Less. This company also agreed that valve cover gaskets were only needed. The owner stated, "The engine is strong."

When I went into Repair for Less LLC, "Eric" never mentioned a charge for the estimate. Since I had received a free estimate from the first company, I thought he would of told me if there was a charge.

CONSUMER BEWARE - Eric had me sign a paper I did not read. The print on the bottom was so small and he is so charismatic that I trusted him enough to assume he would tell me of any charges. When I came in for the vehicle, I was told the charge and paid IN FULL ($72.40) for the estimate.

Eric was extremely rude after I told him that he should of mentioned the charge. I told him that I would get a third opinion and lodge complaints against Repair for Less if I was told yet again that only gaskets were needed.

Eric then REFUSED to give me a copy of the estimate but kept my money anyway. I stayed over a half hour waiting for him to give me a copy of the estimate that I am rightfully entitled to but he would not do it.

If you have had any problems with this company, please contact:

1. Attorney General Terry Goddard

2. Better Business Bureau
4428 North 12th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85014-4585
Phone (602)264-1727

Please document everything including but not limited to: dates, times, the person(s) you spoke with, and what was said. Do mail photocopies while keeping originals for your records.

The Attorney General's office needs to hear from you. Also, the BBB will investigate Repair for Less even though their membership is suspended.

Cathy
Mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2003 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Repair-For-Less/Mesa-Arizona-85210/Repair-For-Less-ripoff-Mesa-Arizona-75380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Repair For Less

Repair For Less, Mesa, Arizona Consumer Beware

AUTHOR: Ms - (U.S.A.)

When I contacted the Better Business Bureau(BBB) back in July 2003, The BBB had Repair for Less's membership listed as suspended. As of Dec. 17, 2003, Repair for Less is still on the BBB suspension list.

Like another individual who commented in ripoffreport.com about Repair For Less, I ALSO was told that I needed a rebuilt engine. Fortunately, I had an estimate from a prior company saying all I needed were gaskets and an oil sending unit.

I also received an estimate after leaving Repair For Less. This company also stated that gaskets, and oil pressure switch was all that was needed. The owner commented that the engine was strong.

When I originally spoke with "Eric," he never mentioned a charge for the estimate. Since I had received a free estimate from the first company, I thought he would of told me if there was a charge.

CONSUMER BEWARE - Do not sign anything that you have not read no matter how small the matter or how charismatic the individual portrays him/herself to be.

Eric became extremely rude after I told him that he should of mentioned the charge. I told him that I would get a third opinion and lodge complaints against Repair for Less if I was told yet again, that only gaskets were needed.

I paid IN FULL ($72.40) for the estimate. Eric then REFUSED to give me a copy of the estimate but kept my money anyway. I stayed over half an hour waiting for him to give me the written estimate but he never did.

I even asked him at one point to contact the police but he refused. In retrospect, it's a GOOD idea to have the non-emergency police number in your wallet at all times.

If you have had any unresolved problems with this company or any other company in the metro phoenix area, please contact:

1. Attorney General Terry Goddard
Consumer Information and Complaints Depart.
1275 W. Washington