Complaint Review: RepairsUniverse.com

• Reported By: One Thing — California
RepairsUniverse.com
2505 Anthem Village Drive - Suite E–373 Henderson, Nevada USA

RepairsUniverse.com Sent Wrong Used Part - Won't Refund Henderson Nevada

The screen cracked on my AT&T 8925 Tilt.  RepairsUniverse has a video showing how to replace it with one of their screens shown in the video.  I ordered the correct part and received it in a timely manner at a good price.  The 1st thing I noticed was that the screen was used.  And, while it fit in the phone, it was not the same as the OEM and would not work.  I took pictures of mine and the one they sent.  I sent it to customer service by email.  I called them as well.  I went to their online chat.  I heard nothing back from them.   I filed a PayPal dispute.  Only after that did they contact me.  They asked me to return it, and if the part was wrong, they would send me the right one. [continued below]....

.....   I paid to return it and waited.  They told me I needed to close the PayPal dispute in order for them to be able to refund my money.  They said they wanted to take care of it and make it right.  However, when I went to PayPal, it said that if I close the dispute before I get my money back that I no longer had any recourse in the matter.  That I would not be able to elevate it to a claim.  I sent RepairsUniverse an email informing them of the message.  They kept saying PayPal would not let them refund the money until I closed it.  I called PayPal and they said that was a lie.  I have the emails from RepairsUninverse.com lying so that I would lose my money.  PayPal raised it to a claim.  RepairsUninverse informed me they would only pay for the part.  They want me to eat the lost of the shipping both ways for their mistake.  It seems they have done this to a number of customers.    They know they sent the wrong screen.  They know they could have refunded my money without me closing the dispute.  However, they chose to lie and if I was reading this I would think big time before I purchased any type of product from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RepairsUniversecom/Henderson-Nevada-89052/RepairsUniversecom-Sent-Wrong-Used-Part-Wont-Refund-Henderson-Nevada-1078595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RepairsUniverse.com