Complaint Review: ResCare

• Submitted: Mon, October 31, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, October 31, 2011

• Reported By: Maggie — charleston West Virginia United States of America
1 Dunbar Plaza Suite 200 Dunabr WV Dunbar, West Virginia United States of America

ResCare I was fired for reporting fraud on medicaid billing, and hostile work environment Dunbar, West Virginia

I worked as A Service Coordinator for just over a year at ResCare.

There was a lot of problems at the job less than accurate training. Supervisors are not supportive. Management is horrible. I filed a complaint with corporate because we could not get any help with out normal chain of command.

Long story short a few weeks later I was fired because my documentation was not good enough.

I was singled on many occasions, and I was told to erase direct care workers phone numbers from my phone but none of the other Service Coordinator were told to. The consumers money is not managed correctly, ResCare is the designated payee for many of the consumers and they always have to pay late fees because ResCare does not pay their bills on time. Consumers personal items disappear. No one accounts for them.

Consumers pays bills that are not their, They pay for storage that they have nothing in. The staff are verbally abusing to the consumers but if you report it you are the person who get into trouble.

It is a hostile work environment. Workers hate their jobs. We were made to use our cells phone and was not compensated for it. We were forced to work over time and was not paid for it.

I reported medicaid fraud and nothing was done except I got fired.

They are a rag -tag company and if you have a family member who lives in their homes you should transfer them to another agency.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2011 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ResCare/Dunbar-West-Virginia-25064/ResCare-I-was-fired-for-reporting-fraud-on-medicaid-billing-and-hostile-work-environment-793878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ResCare