Complaint Review: ResVibrant

• Submitted: Mon, December 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, April 02, 2011

• Reported By: lynn f — valley center California United States of America
P.O. Box 989140 West Sacramento CA 95798 Internet United States of America

ResVibrant a rip-off i didn't ask for!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same scam being perpetrated in 2011...

I never ordered anything from this company. No free trial, nothing -- I'm in college studying cybercrime! I'm on to scams like this.
I received unsolicited products in the mail. The first product, a diet supplement, came with very little information on the packing slip: no price or payment information listed. My name, address, supposed order no. and order date were on the invoice, along with a phone number similar but not identical to my own. At the time, I thought little of it.
A few days later, however, I got an anti-aging creme in the mail. It is from ResVibrant, a company which has a plethora of fraudulent advertising and suspiciously little contact information. I was unable to find either a real business phone number (the number they give goes to a voicemail box, as they say they prefer to communicate by email) or a business address. (PO Box only.) Here's the kicker though -- THEY HAVE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER!! I haven't the foggiest clue how they got it, who gave it to them, or how they managed to charge my credit card for a product I never requested. [continued below]....
I looked at my credit card account online, and sure enough, there was the charge, along with several other unauthorized charges and -- oh joy! -- the resulting overlimit fee. And of course it happened on Christmas weekend, so I couldn't possibly start to fix the problem until today, Monday.
Incidentally, let me insert -- I am 20 years old, have perfect skin, and am skinny and healthy. I would not be "the type" to order these ridiculous products, even if I were insane enough to give out my information to a company of their ilk.
It is yet to be seen whether Visa will be able to reverse the charges, but I am hopeful. If I can find a valid business name, I will file a report with the BBB and see if there is some way to get the overlimit charge reversed.
Conclusion: be very, very careful whom you give your credit card number to. If you can't use a prepaid card, don't order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ResVibrant/internet/ResVibrant-a-rip-off-i-didnt-ask-for-Internet-546191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ResVibrant

Same scam being perpetrated in 2011...

AUTHOR: class - (United States of America)

I was recently hit with the exact same sequence of events.  Spurred by a call about a recent membership 'purchased' on my cc to the "Smart Shopper Savings Club" that I not only did not authorize, and have never heard of before in my life.  After checking my recent charges, I found a bevy of small internet purchases from websites I've also never heard of ( ResVibrant.com, and pen-www.coralcs.com ), that turned out to be extremely sketchy looking websites.

A package arrived from ResVibrant.com and was promptly returned to sender without opening. The coralcs.com site is clearly involved in these credit card fraud scams, as their website has a threatening disclaimer on their front page suggesting that reversing charges from them is illegal and will have negative consequences on anyone who does so...

From their site:
"Customer fraud alert
A high percentage of fraud claims are by Customers who willingly make the purchase, only to deny it later. Please note that completing a legitimate purchase, then claiming fraud and filing a chargeback is a form of fraud and is an illegal practice punishable by law.
After a Fraudulent transaction is claimed the Account will be blacklisted, making future online purchases difficult with us and other E-Businesses. Please help us preserve the stability of Online Shopping."

Clearly a baseless attempt to intimidate people whom were taken advantage of by agents that are either colluding with or frequently abusing the questionable business practices of these and related clusters of fraudulent purchases.

These unauthorized charges have also been accompanied by endless unsolicited automated telemarketing calls:  404-682-1631 (13 calls today alone!!) & 888-210-9392 (1 or more a day for over a week) being the most repeated offenders.