Complaint Review: Resale Therapy

• Submitted: Tue, May 31, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, July 08, 2012

• Reported By: Palm Springs Local — Palm Springs California United States of America
Resale Therapy
4109 East Palm Canyon Drive Palm Springs, California United States of America

Resale Therapy Carol Dean Ross Consignment shop does not pay consigners Palm Springs, California

*Consumer Comment: Needs to pay me!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: someone in the know...doesn't

Carol Dean Ross of Resale Palm Springs. Therapy needs therapy herself. She consistantly over the years has ripped off consignees by not paying them sometimes at all or selling items at higher prices than reported thereby having to pay very small commissions. She also makes sure the items do not sell within the contracted time so she can keep the items and not have to pay consignees. She was basically run out of her last El Paseo, Palm Desert location and now is continuing the same unethical behavior in her Palm Springs location. Beware this viper that takes advantage of people in need. ---Someone Who Knows.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resale-Therapy/Palm-Springs-California-92264/Resale-Therapy-Carol-Dean-Ross-Consignment-shop-does-not-pay-consigners-Palm-Springs-Cali-735174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resale Therapy

Needs to pay me!!

AUTHOR: lol.com - (United States of America)

Hi my name is Racheal, an i am a conighner there at resale therapy.When it time for me to pick up my check on the fifthteen of the end of the month i do so. When  i try cashing it ,it always says i have insufficents fund. This is the fourth time this is happened to me. I call an speak to Mark an he speaks to me like if i am dumb. So please pay me or im goin to follow it up i claim court.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

someone in the know...doesn't

AUTHOR: Caroldean Ross - (United States of America)

Dear Someone in the Know....

Having been in business in the Coachella Valley for nearly 20 years, I have seen many ways that people try to undermine
others to try to get ahead...this might be by far the most underhanded attempt I have seen yet. I find it less than a coincidence, that the same day I "escorted" an unruly competitor from the store during a large holiday sales event, this report get's filed...hmmmm...doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out who the anonymous author might be.

Having said that, if the author could validate said misconduct, I would be more than happy to address his grievances. I'm sorry
that this person has so much anger, that his only vengeance is to try to attack on such a public forum.

We have over 3000 consignees, many of whom have been with us from the start of our Resale business over 9 years ago. We also have some that followed us from "Deja Vu Fashions", in Claremont CA., where my Mother opened her store in 1984. We are a proud member of NARTS Nnational Association of Resale and Thrift Stores) and have been for over 30 years. We follow their standard practices, and guidelines. As any small business, we try our best to adhere to the motto, "The customer is always right"...but unfortunately, sometimes there is just not a match, and clients also need to be "fired".

We pay our consignees in a timely manner for items sold, and work very hard to sell them at the highest possible price. We work on a 60/40 split, which is the standard for our industry, and again suggested rate set by NARTS. Merchandise that is left beyond the contract date, can either be retrieved by the consignee, or is donated to one of the 8 local charities that we deal with. We also have a bargain basement, that some items go to for 30 days after the contract expires, and these items can be purchased at drastically reduced rates by our retail customers, or any local charity with specific needs can select merchandise for free.  A portion of the proceeds of this room, go to a different charity each month. The consignee may receive a donation receipt for any of their items that are either donated directly, or go into the bargain basement.

In regard to my store on El Paseo in Palm Desert...I enjoyed 18 very successful years on El Paseo, and was a very active member of the El Paseo Merchants association. It was a high end retail boutique, and I bought merchandise from outside vendors, nothing was on consignment. I closed the location 3 years ago, after the 3rd rent increase in 2 years, the numbers just didn't pencil out anymore. There was no chasing me off the street, in fact my landlord recently asked me if I would consider taking the store back. So Mr. in the Know...you know not of what you speak.

I will gladly answer any questions regarding this report, and will look forward to hearing what the real story is behind these false accusations.

please feel free to contact me at caroldean@shopresaletherapy.com or at the store at 760-321-6556

Caroldean Ross