Complaint Review: Reservation Rewards

• Submitted: Mon, May 05, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 05, 2008

• Reported By:Evanston Illinois
Reservation Rewards
6 Corporate Dr., Suite 450 Shelton,, Connecticut U.S.A.

Reservation Rewards - Also WLI Reservation Rewards Billing Scam through legitimate travel websites! Shelton, Connecticut

I received a charge last month for $12 from "Reservation Rewards" and had no idea what it was. It appeared again this month, which I knew meant I was probably in some bogus subscription. I called Visa, and they gave me the number for the company.

Apparently, this is a "Rewards" program, owned by Entertainment.com which is owned by IAC Interactive. While this service may be useful and legit to some people, their customer acquisition methods are NOT. They claim that when I purchased a ticket on cheaptickets.com, they gave me the option of trying the service out for free but then enrolling if not canceled. I am very cautious not to ever click on these things, but they claim I did. And since cheaptickets.com already had my credit card info, they were kind enough to share this with Reservation Rewards so I could be charged.

There are many complaints on the internet against this ethically-relaxed company. I am shocked that reputable websites such as Orbitz and Cheaptickets do business with them. My only kind words are that Reservation Rewards is very quick to refund your money - no doubt because they receive so many requests and would like to avoid a lawsuit. I hope someone with some time on their hands sues them and CheapTickets.com.

William
Evanston, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2008 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reservation-Rewards/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/Reservation-Rewards-Also-WLI-Reservation-Rewards-Billing-Scam-through-legitimate-travel-330561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reservation Rewards