Complaint Review: Reservation Rewards

• Submitted: Tue, March 03, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 03, 2009

• Reported By:Amherst Massachusetts
Reservation Rewards
reservationrewards.com Shelton, Connecticut U.S.A.

Reservation Rewards deceptively obtained credit card information and charged for service that was not made clear Shelton Connecticut

This complaint is about what is really a two-party rip-off (three-party including me). I had a Reservation Rewards ripoff happen to me during the purchase of biking supplies from Performance Bike, an on-line dealer. At the check-out point for my purchase, a pop-up window appeared, offering free coupons for signing up. There was no mention of a charge for this information, nor did I enter any credit card information. However, approximately six weeks later, a $12 dollar charge showed up on my credit card bill for Reservation Rewards. I don't know what Performance Bike gets out of the deal, but obviously each of the participants needed the other to perpetrate this particular deception.

I am in contact with my credit card company to have the charges removed from my bill. I also contacted Performance Bike, of whom I have been a good customer for more than 10 years, and who evidently gave up the credit card info, and told them I would never purchase anything from them again. I have also reported this incident to the Better Business Bureau.

Although Reservation Rewards claims that their business practices are all legal and above board, it seems very deceptive to me, and they are going to destroy consumer confidence in internet buying by these types of practices.

Dave T
Amherst, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2009 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reservation-Rewards/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/Reservation-Rewards-deceptively-obtained-credit-card-information-and-charged-for-service-t-430304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reservation Rewards