Complaint Review: Reservationrewards - Mwi*Essentials Plus, And Travelvalueplus (same Company)

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2004

• Reported By:Melbourne Florida
Reservationrewards - Mwi*Essentials Plus, And Travelvalueplus (same Company)
, Connecticut U.S.A.

Reservationrewards, Mwi*Essentials Plus, And Travelvalueplus Deceptive business practice Connecticut

I do not sign up for services that offer first month free trial that requires cancellation (I am too busy and forgetful to do that). Somehow, MWI*Essentials Plus got a hold of my credit card number and was charged (twice) for services (not even sure what kind of services).

I caught the charges the second time and contacted the company immediately. The person on the phone was not sure how they got my information. Coincidentally, I have two other charges from ReservationRewards and TravelValuePlus. All three companies appear to be based out of Conneticut.

When I contacted ReservationRewards, the lady first answered TravelValuePlus and then said, "I mean, ReservationRewards. I asked her if it was the same company, and she said yes. She stated that the Website is very clear regarding charges if you click "yes" on the enrollment screeen (NOT TRUE). I told her I did not enter a credit card number, and she said I did not have to; the information was obtained from previous screens.

This is definitely a SCAM!

Carlos
Melbourne, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2004 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reservationrewards-MwiEssentials-Plus-And-Travelvalueplus-same-Company/Connecticut/Reservationrewards-MwiEssentials-Plus-And-Travelvalueplus-Deceptive-business-practice-C-104036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reservationrewards - Mwi*Essentials Plus, And Travelvalueplus (same Company)