• Report: #1082092

• Updated: Thu, September 05, 2013

• Reported By: L.Miller — Reading Pennsylvania
Residence Inn Marriott
2551 S Loop 289, lubbock, tx Lubbock, Texas USA

Residence Inn Marriott Residence Inn Lubbock clearly does not value our business as they cancelled our reservation so they could extend a stay for someone else. We booked this months in advance. The didn't even bother to call us, just sent an email. Besides being extremely rude, its just plain bad business. Lubbock Texas

Residence Inn Marriott Lubbock decided to let another group stay longer and move us to a crappy hotel. If we wanted to stay in a crappy hotel, we would have made a reservation there.  You can see with via our preferred status that we stay in Marriott’s all the time because we enjoy the hotels. I don’t even understand how this can happen.  Shouldn’t the conversation have gone something like this:

Customer – I had a great time in Lubbock and would like to stay longer.

Marriott – I’m glad you enjoyed your stay, but all our rooms have been reserved.  We hope you’ll stay with us next time you’re in town.

Instead it went like this:

Customer – I had a great time in Lubbock and would like to stay longer.

Marriott – I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. [continued below]....

.....  Let me see who’s reservation I can cancel so we can accommodate your request.  There’s a La Quinta Inn down the road that I can stick them in and it’s too late for them to do anything about it another then just take it and grumble so let’s find the about to be unlucky person.

Maybe I’m being too logical, but this situation doesn’t make a lot of sense to me and it’s not what I’ve come to expect out of Marriott.  As stated in an email, you got me, I need a place to stay so I guess I’ll be at the La Quinta Inn because I’m screwed, but this all doesn’t seem right to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2013 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Residence-Inn-Marriott/Lubbock-Texas/Residence-Inn-Marriott-Residence-Inn-Lubbock-clearly-does-not-value-our-business-as-they-1082092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Residence Inn Marriott