Complaint Review: Residential Direct Marketing

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: CPS — Latham New York United States of America
Residential Direct Marketing
10807 Perrin Beitel #310 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Residential Direct Marketing RDM They sold us advertising to benefit a local school, after finding out that they had nothing to do with the school we attempted to cancel. Everytime we call no one is ever avalible to take our calls. W San Antonio, Texas

In March of 2011 was contacted via phone from RDM. asking if I would like to run an add to benefit the Colonie HS Athletic Dept. The product was to be an 8.5"x11" white board magnet with advertising from local business around the border that would be given to all the students to take home. I placed to order and received a sample a few months later. In June of 2012 I was contacted again. Same as before, so I renewed my add. I never received my sample.

In Jan of 2013 I was contacted again. Same story as before so I renewed my add again. At this point I realized that I never received my sample from the Fall of 2012. When I called back to inquire what had happened I was told that it was shipped out and provided me with a tracking #. I set up a meeting with the Colonie Athletic dept. they told me that they did receive a box with magnets in October but they had no knowledge what they were for or why they were receiving them.

When I explained the story of how I was called and solicited on behalf of the school they offered me to stop by and pick up a magnet. When I picked up the box full of magnets (about 150 ) my add that I had paid for was not to be found. The Athletic Director, Jason Semo assured me that Residential Direct Marketing had no affiliation with the school and it was most likely a "scam"!

I have made over 15 calls to numerous phone numbers listed for the company and sent emails in an attempt to cancel my current add and possibly be credited for the adds that were never produced. I feel that I was mislead, this company is taking advantage of kind hearted people who are trying to help out their local schools.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Residential-Direct-Marketing/San-Antonio-Texas-78217/Residential-Direct-Marketing-RDM-They-sold-us-advertising-to-benefit-a-local-school-after-1027437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Residential Direct Marketing