• Report: #411982

• Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:Saint Helens Oregon
Residential Email
cs_support@residentialemail.com Internet U.S.A.

Residential Email Added a Service to my Qwest Phone Bill I did not sign up for. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: C

I received my Qwest phone bill and noticed the (bill and) amount charged to my credit card was unusually higher than other months. I had two different companies add their services. Residential Email and Enhanced Long Distance. They said I signed up by agreeing to US PrizeDraw(?). When my birthdate was read to me I was surprised to hear my birthdate completely wrong. And at both companies. Along With my maiden name being wrong also.

I called Qwest and Jeremy said that email purchases are OK'd and will charge on the phone bill. Something about state and federal taxes and a bunch of stuff I didn't understand. And to call the companies and have it fixed. I did and I am told that the $18.83 from "Enhanced Long Distance" and the $14.95 from "Residential Email" will be credited back to my account. I received emails from both companies confirming cancelation.

I am waiting now 1 to 2 business cycles to receive my credit. I am hoping that the BBB is aware of this scam. And that we victims will be compensated. Time IS Money!!

Melody
Saint Helens, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Residential-Email/internet/Residential-Email-Added-a-Service-to-my-Qwest-Phone-Bill-I-did-not-sign-up-for-Internet-411982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Residential Email

C

AUTHOR: Customer Care - (U.S.A.)

Residential Email provides its subscribers with the opportunity to earn exclusive discounts and cash back on every purchase while shopping through our service. We market the service on the Internet and continuously review our marketing and sign-up procedures and believe that they comply with all applicable laws and industry standard best practices.

We maintain excellent customer service 24 by 7 by 365 and you can reach us via phone at 800-430-6314 or online at http://www.residentialemail.com/support.cfm

I'm confident we can address any customer service concerns you may have.

Residential Email Customer Service