Complaint Review: Residential Law Center

• Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By: Pam — Plano Texas United States of America
Residential Law Center
7825 Fay Ave. Suite 112 La Jolla, California United States of America

Residential Law Center Losing home, scammed out of $3150, DID NOT DO WHAY THEY SAID! FORECLOSURE La Jolla, California

I was contacted by Residential Law center after filling out a form online for loan modification. I explained that we had been through loan modification with Chase bank and had been denied as not eligibile. The salesman on the phone assured me that the mortgage companies do this to individuals because we do not know what to say or how to file the reports. I was VERY explicit when I asked if they could get this done since we had already been denied once. I was told "absolutely, we are getting 90-95% approved and, after looking at your reports, we should have no\problem taking care of your case." I was also told that I should not make full payments to the mortgage company because that puts my file at the bottom of the pile since the mortgage companies are working with those that are late first.  I was told that I should try to make some payment each month which I did. It was explained to me that the payments would help towards the taxes that the mortgage company paid on our behalf and that, once the modification was completed they would probably ask us to pay the taxes.

How stupid was I to hand over $3150 to them that I could have made a mortgage payment with.  Yesterday I received the exact same denial letter I received the first time around and when I was called by Mr. Hurst, after sending the denial letter to them,  I asked for our money to be returned to which he stated "you should not be in the house anyway since you can't afford it". DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF AND LEAVE YOU WITHOUT A HOME!!!"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2012 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Residential-Law-Center/La-Jolla-California-92037/Residential-Law-Center-Losing-home-scammed-out-of-3150-DID-NOT-DO-WHAY-THEY-SAID-FORE-837305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Residential Law Center