Complaint Review: Resort Advertisign Network - Mayan Palace

101 N. Riverside Dr Pompano Beach, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 866-932-7918
  • Web:
  • Category:

Resort Advertisign Network - Mayan Palace Avoid This Company at ALL COST Pompano Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Suggestion: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*UPDATE Employee: Grupo Mayan

I bought a timeshare at the Mayan Palace in Puerto Vallarta.  The salesperson convinced me that i would be able to rent it.  She connected me with Resort Advertising Network.  They assured me my weeks would rent..needless to say....they have NEVER rented.  Now the phone number for this "company" is disconnected.  Mayan Palace gives timeshare a BAD NAME.  I would avoid them like the plague...........you are doomed for failure!  Steer CLEAR of this company and its products.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2010 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resort-Advertisign-Network-Mayan-Palace/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33062/Resort-Advertisign-Network-Mayan-Palace-Avoid-This-Company-at-ALL-COST-Pompano-Beach-F-560724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resort Advertisign Network - Mayan Palace

AUTHOR: SandraLaw - ()

I just visited the Mayan Palace in Cancun and I regretted so much, at first I was happy because I thought I made a good mayan palace timeshare deal but I didn't, actually I was going to bring my friends from Miami next month for them to see the resort and I am very happy that I'm not going to do it. They told me that they can sell 2 of my weeks a year and I call them and is all lies they told me that I have to do that. I just can't believe I spent 7000.00 in nothing. Do not believe them, they do not care and if you ask them for time to finance with ur bank they say they can't and you won't be able to go back in five yrs. u have to do the deal in the same day and *** us we did it but I will make sure that other people won't make the same mistake than us.

AUTHOR: SophieM - ()

I bought a Mayan Palace timesharein my early 20s and it was one of the worst financial mistakes I ever made. I never intended to buy it, but I cannot suckered into going to a presentation to get free show tickets when I was in Puerto Vallarta. The high-pressure sales person convinced me to sign on the dotted line, and I ended up with a timeshare. It was one of the hardest things to get rid of, and I lost about $20,000 in the process. It was an expensive lesson learned.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: RoseW - ()

My husband and I took a vacation to Mexico. what appeared to be a relaxing trip, turned in to a nightmare on the second day when we were  invited to a Free Breakfast for ninty minutes. We purchased $36.000 with the same rental pitch hoping to use our weeks to pay it off.When we got back and realized we coulnt afford this purchase, we tried to cancel, no one from Mayan Palace accepted our Cancelation petition. Fortunately enough, we were able to cancel using the services from an attorney in Mexico. I suggest you to read this article from Mexican Timeshare Solutions on how to proceed legally against mayan palace:

Grupo Mayan

AUTHOR: Grupo Mayan - (Mexico)

Dear Mr. Yancey,

We have been informed about your comment. As you may know, monitoring the internet is an impossible task for anyone. We are a team of committed workers and your happiness is our goal. Thus, we are glad this has been brought to our attention and ask you to please get in touch with us. We have read it with interest and great concern, as this does not reflect our modus operandi.

Please bear in mind that as stated in your contract, the company makes no representations regarding the market for vacation ownership rentals, nor recommends buying this product for rentals or investment. Not only is this included twice within the body of the contract, but it is also included in the summary outline which you initialed more than once. I would be happy to send you a copy of this legal binding agreement in which you acknowledge and release the company of anything related to the rental process.

All this being said, we kindly ask that you get in touch with us so we can address your concerns further and in that way, continue this dialogue. The only way to assure that we get your message and follow-up with you is via phone at 1-800-292-9446.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,