Complaint Review: Respond Power

• Reported By: Scott Felix — Jeffersonville Pennsylvania
Respond Power
100 Dutch Hill Road Orangeburg, New York USA

Respond Power Price Gouging Defined Orangeburg New York

Current rates publicized on the PA power supplies website still show a low competitive rate but my bill doesn't reflect it. I was contacted once to ask if I wanted to remain with this energy provider and was given no indication that I would be automatically placed on a variable rate plan. The initial term expired and I was under the impression that I would continue on a fixed program as I had been for the first year. I NEVER sign up for variable rate anything! Absolutely no ability to speak with anyone regarding my rates. An autmated message is all that you get and no menu to get through to a customer service rep. The automated message informed callers that the company was aware of customer concerns about their rates and would receive something in the mail explaining the issue. 3 weeks later, we receive a letter blaming the rate spike on the polar vortex. I have never been insulted like that in my life. The letter goes on to explain that all providers would be having to adjust upwards and that we should stick with them because their rate would soon drop according to market fluctuations. I cancelled these thieves and saw my last 3 bills charged at 22.5, 22.5 and 24.5 cents per KW. A complaint was filed with PUC and I hope that these felons are thrown in prison for their practices. I urge all subscribers to file formal complaints with their utility commissions regarding this company and any other following the same practice. There should be a class action suit filed against these extortionists!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2014 08:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Respond-Power/Orangeburg-New-York-10962/Respond-Power-Price-Gouging-Defined-Orangeburg-New-York-1137097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Respond Power