Complaint Review: Restaurant Market Equipment

• Updated: Thu, November 18, 2010

• Reported By: Nomore — Chicopee Massachusetts United States of America
Restaurant Market Equipment
Cohoes, New York United States of America

Restaurant Market Equipment Michael Osborne will not return my deposit of $1,030 Cohoes, New York

*Author of original report: More LIES from Michael Osborne at Restaurant Market Equipment

*UPDATE Employee: REFUND OF A DEPOSIT !?!?

In February 2009, I looked at a walkin cooler at an Asian market in Albany, NY with Mike Osborne.  I agreed to buy a 12 door walkin cooler and some shelving for $11,030.  I gave him a $1,030 deposit, which we agreed was refundable.

About a week later I asked for the deposit back.  He told me no problem.  Next he came up with one story after another why he hasn't not returned the deposit.  Days turned into weeks and months.  I have contacted him numerous times and I'm always told by him that he is mailing it tomorrow....I'm still waiting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Restaurant-Market-Equipment/Cohoes-New-York-/Restaurant-Market-Equipment-Michael-Osborne-will-not-return-my-deposit-of-1030-Cohoes-N-550260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Restaurant Market Equipment

More LIES from Michael Osborne at Restaurant Market Equipment

AUTHOR: Nomore - (USA)

More lies from Mike Osborne.  I never tried to set up a payment plan with you and I had the funds to pay for the cooler.  If you recall you met us at the bank when we gave you a check. You wanted my husband and I to pay $10,000 upfront so you could pay the owner of the asian market.  We paid $1,030 with the balance of $10,000 to be paid upon delivery of the cooler and shelving.  I have in writing that our deposit is FULLY REFUNDABLE (in your hand writing). I still have my copy.

More than a year later it was YOU that tried to set up a payment plan with me.  You finally sent me a money order for $150.00 with a note for a payment schedule. I also still have this note you wrote in case your memory is unclear.  You never followed through with it.  You still owe $880.00.

Last time we spoke you and your son tried to threaten and intimidate me.

Do not try to discredit my husband and I.  We work hard for what we have and are honest people.  We do not make a living ripping people off like what you did to us.

REFUND OF A DEPOSIT !?!?

AUTHOR: Restaurant Equipment - (United States of America)

The whole reason Mike took a deposit from you was because you said you wanted to BUY the box, but did NOT have the money at the time to pay for it in full. You and your husband both loved the box and could not get your check book out quick enough.  Then you call RME a week later and state that you cannot come up with the funds unless we offered you a DISCOUNT or Long Term payment plan.  When we refused your demands, you demanded your NON-REFUNDABLE deposit back.