Complaint Review: Restaurant.com - TWX*AOL - AP9ShoppingEssentilas

• Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009

• Reported By:Somerville Massachusetts
Restaurant.com - TWX*AOL - AP9ShoppingEssentilas
www.restaurant.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Restaurant.com - TWX*AOL - AP9ShoppingEssentilas Fraudulent credit card charges Nationwide

In March of 2008 I purchased a $50 gift certificate for a local restaurant from Restaurants.com for the sum of $20.
When we settled the bill it turned out when the restuarant manager called Restaurant.com to validate the certificate that we should have spent $100 to avail of the $50 certificate.

Yes it was there in very fine print but it had no mention of that when I purchased the thing.

Since it was now validated and in turn automatically invalidated we could never use it again.

Going over my American Express account in preparation for tax day I discovered that right after giving my account number to Restaurant .com I was being billed $14.95 each month for the past 9 months with an another charge of 17.95 this month by a company called AP9ShoppingEssentials.
A total of $152.50.

Then I noticed that at the same time I was also being billed by an company called TWX*AOL for $4.95 each month.
A Total of $39.60

With the initial charge of $20 by Restaurant.com my total bill now comes out to $212.10 for a certificate I could not use!

Going over Restaurant.com's terms on their website today, it states that they will share your info with third parties but make no mention of giving your private credit card to other companies who charge you yet fail to notify you directly that they are doing so.

This is the most fraudulent thing I have ever seen.

If you have EVER used Restaurant.com I would suggest you go over your credit card statements now!

S
Somerville, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2009 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Restaurantcom-TWXAOL-AP9ShoppingEssentilas/nationwide/Restaurantcom-TWXAOL-AP9ShoppingEssentilas-Fraudulent-credit-card-charges-Nationwid-443708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Restaurant.com - TWX*AOL - AP9ShoppingEssentilas

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC