Complaint Review: Restaurant.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 25, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 25, 2012

• Reported By: Msjoyj — Palm Springs California U.S.A.

Restaurant.com Sells coupons to restaurants that they KNOW are not honoroing them, and continue to sell them - and no refunds! Internet

I purchased a coupon for a local restaurant from Restaurant.com, a service which I have been a member of for a long time.  I also have dozens of credits from them, and because their gift certificates are not so easy to redeem - I rarely do so.  But last night I'd finally had enough.

I walked into the restaurant moments after the purchase to find that they would not accept the coupons - notices all around the entrance, and they said that Restaurant.com had been told repeatedly - they were actually in litigation with them, but Restaurant.com would not comply with their cancellation.

So, it seems the company just keeps taking our money, knowing the coupon won't be honored - and then will only offer you another coupon in it's place.  No Refunds!!!  Now I can understand if you buy a coupon, go to use it a week later and the restaurant is out of business.  But to keep selling coupons that you've been told will not be honored - is a RIP OFF.  Shame on your for taking patron's money like that, knowing you can't honor the coupon!  And as of 10 minutes ago - they are still selling those coupons!

I will continue to use their services - because they are valuable, but I will now always call first.  And I hope that others will see this and learn to check them out first also.  I also hope that whoever might sanction them for such unethical practices will do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2012 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Restaurantcom/internet/Restaurantcom-Sells-coupons-to-restaurants-that-they-KNOW-are-not-honoroing-them-and-co-888266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Restaurant.com