Complaint Review: Restaurants.com

• Submitted: Tue, May 17, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 17, 2011

• Reported By: SICKANDTIRED — Pembroke Pines Florida United States of America
Restaurants.com

Restaurants.com WARNING, IF YOU CANCEL, THEY WILL ONLY REFUND YOU A % OF YOUR MONEY Internet

I wanted to find some deals on dining in my local area.  My local radio station and TV station features deals for certificates for 150% of the price you pay for the coupon.  I went online to restaurants.com thinking they werer the same deal, thanks to a Google search.

Well, I wound up purchasing what I thouht was going to be a deal of a lifetime.  I bought 4 $25.00 certificates for $40.

After finding that I was dead wrong and that there would never be a restaurant that I would WANT to dine in participating in this program, not to mention that the one I chose would only honor one certificate per table, I called to get my money back.  To my surprise, I was told that I would only receive $24 refund of the $40 I spent.

This went on for hours.  Now, I'm stuck with a $100 worth of certificates that if I use, I would have to spend double the money at a DIVE that NO ONE has ever heard of in order to obtain any value from my purchase.

RUN LIKE HELL.  THEY WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY.

NEXT STEP, TV, TALLAHASSEE AND THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2011 10:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Restaurantscom/internet/Restaurantscom-WARNING-IF-YOU-CANCEL-THEY-WILL-ONLY-REFUND-YOU-A-OF-YOUR-MONEY-Inter-730477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Restaurants.com