Complaint Review: Resume Express

• Reported By: James — Corvallis Oregon United States of America
Resume Express

Resume Express Resume Writing Service, Internet

*Author of original report: Update

I ordered a resume from Resume Express, paid their fee (it wasn't exorbitant, but if I remember correctly it was over $50. After a few days of no response, I contacted them again. They claimed they had no payment information from me. I provided them with the paypal transaction information and they promptly apologized for the mixup.

Things appearing to be back on track, I provided the information they requested and was told I would receive a draft in a few days. After about a week or so, I contacted them again for an update on the status of my order.

Another week went by with no response so I contacted them again. Again, no response. In the mean time, I became employed at a rather intense but short term agricultural job working over 70 hours a week, and managed to forget about the whole process.

This occured just over a year ago, and I'd completely forgotten about it. Until I was contacted by the company offering a 'holiday deal' to update my resume for a reduced price. Having been reminded of this debacle, I have now called three times and sent two more emails and received no response whatsoever.

I cannot imagine that this company (which provides no address, only email and a phone system that only seems to go to voicemail) is anything but a complete scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resume-Express/internet/Resume-Express-Resume-Writing-Service-Internet-1007327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resume Express

Update

AUTHOR: Ryvern - (United States of America)

Though it took a little time (apparently they were moving their office), I did eventually receive a response from Resume Express. They sent me a draft, made changes promptly, and then sent the final resume in both .pdf and .docx formats. Both formats were excellent, and have helped me garner more interviews.

I received a written apology for the confusion and mistakes, and their customer service has been excellent since my complaint.

Final review: It may have taken awhile, but the product was excellent and cost effective, as advertised, and the apologies sincere. I would use this company again, and I will recommend it to others.