Complaint Review: Resumes Guaranteed

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: re: response from Andrew Greenstein

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: re: response from Andrew Greenstein

*Consumer Comment: Amazing - Owner is an Idiot or a Liar

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: re: from Andrew Greenstein, President

There guarantee is a bold-faced lie.  They cannot write a resume to save their lives.  The document that I got back from them was a joke!  I was constantly emailing them to correct my phone number, spelling, line spacing.  They removed all the metrics from my resume when they created the new resume.  They removed my GPA from my resume.  It was worse then something in middle school would write.  I was embarassed to use it.

Once I hit the 60 day mark w/o a job  I filed for my money back.  They will only refund your money if you are unemployed, give them proof you are unemployed with copies of your UEI paperwork proving you are not paying ANY taxes, and oh yes, copies of 40 fax transmittals for the submission of the resume, or copies of 40 resumes mailed via certified mail (which of course is VERY costly).  No company that I know takes resumes that way anymore.  Everything is online.

After I contacted them, I received a boiler plate email that states they have answered me, if I don't like the answer not to contact them anymore.  I filed with the BBB, they keep the terms of use hidden.  Do not waster your 99.95 with this company.  I was able to go to Workforce Development and write a better resume within a couple of hours, and with my new resume written by myself and proofed by a Career Advisor, I've had 3 calls for interviews.  It's cheaper to buy a book and write your own error free resume then to use this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2013 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Resumes-Guaranteed/internet/Resumes-Guaranteed-Dont-believe-anything-they-say-Internet-1026682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Resumes Guaranteed

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

re: response from Andrew Greenstein

Dear Concerned Consumer,

Thank you for your help with the research [and your kind words!] I would urge you to consider that logically, there are other possibilities besides "idiot" or "liar." One possibility is that you have more astute research skills than I do! In the original posting, there is no name and no information from which I could possibly have formulated a match in OUR records. Having seen a history of a certain competitor [who has received a cease & desist] posting faux complaints--and, having taken the time to search OUR records for recent clients from 'WISCONSIN' who 'COMPLAINED' [utilizing several synonyms/keywords for the complaint]--- I drew a blank. You went a completely different route. I do not personally respond to BBB complaints nor did I have any personal dealings with the matter. This would've been my general manager, Pat. Thus, when I* did a search of OUR database, I could not find what was in the **BBB database**--whereas YOU searched elsewhere and found the key we all needed to unravel the mystery--and I thank you! There's nothing in his posting that would lead me to have looked THERE!!*

As far as the BBB goes, we were pretty much told, we need to pay their fee to earn an "A" rating. There are companies in the resume writing industry who average 2500 orders per year, get 10-15 BBB complaints per year, and have an "A" rating. We write over 8,000 resumes per year and get 15-20 with a "C"--which occurred after we stopped renewing our annual membership. Our percentage of complaints is far lower than many of the "A" companies who pay their annual BBB membership. Actually, we had an "F" rating initially-- until we pointed out this very statistic to the BBB---who noted that they can't raise it higher because their "algorithm for scoring is priviliged" but that we should consider becoming members once again for $500+.   Interestingly, there are many news reports/videos--- illustrating that this for-profit "scam" is what the BBB has become.. ****They even had low "F" ratings for companies like Disney and WolfGang Pucks. ****

20/20 describes the BBB Rating system as "not being worthy of consumer confidence"
See this 20/20 televised report exposing the BBB as a "scam"
--- In this video, you will see business after business have a C- or C+ until they pay $400-$500 and earn an A+ the next day. You will see that BBB execs each are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars per year working for this "non-profit organization." You will see that the BBB once gave DisneyLand an "F" for not paying and gave a terrorist organization an A- for paying. Watch the video--

Now, that said-- OF COURSE, I'll post the resume that we wrote for this individual. In fact, I am even posting the ENTIRE CORRESPONDENCE HISTORY BETWEEN US AND THIS CLIENT with names removed, of course, for anonymity. To date, I have never had anything to hide. All emails are "signed" by me and I am a person whom you can very easily find extensive information about online. My business history goes much deeper and further back than just resumes-- and all of my other endeavors have positive 5 star ratings.  I own a resume writing company --- I live at 9512 Oak Island Lane, 34711. My personal cell is 352-250-4220.

You can see the original resume we wrote for her [names removed] at:

She liked it enough to add a cover letter.

You can see the REVISED VERSION we wrote-- including her GPA and other information AGAINST OUR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AT:

*Also in the above file, you will see the ENTIRE 6+ WEEK CORRESPONDENCE WE HAD WITH THIS CLIENT-- Demonstrating that we provided ongoing customer service and definitely no "scam."

HERE ARE SOME KEY NOTES RE: THIS CLIENT:
Prior to ordering, this client requested a "free sample critique" of her current resume-- Within an hour of us sending the critique, she placed her order--apparently liking the critique.

She placed that order on January 7th as indicated.

She received her resume on January 9th.

Interestingly, she liked it enough that on January 21st, she re-visited our website and added a 'cover letter' to her order--paying more money.

On Janaury 28th, she emailed us stating that the telephone # on her resume was incorrect and that the "dashes have line breaks in them"--
We corrected the phone # that same day and explained to her that the line breaks were not occurring on our screen. We provided MS WORD instructions for page formatting adjustments--- Resumes do tend to some times format differently on different screens, different versions of Word, and computers set w/ different printer drivers. I will also let this writer know that sending a PDF can help show the client how it looks on our end as well.

On January 30th, she complained that the margins/formatting "didn't look AS NICE.." any more on her screen--when she made the prescribed adjustments.

**TO THIS DATE, HER ONLY COMPLAINT HAS BEEN ONE TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR ON A PHONE NUMBER AND THAT THE FORMATTING IN MS WORD WAS NOT APPEARING PROPERLY AT HER LOCAL KINKO'S COPY SHOP !!**

You will also note, we continued to help her as best as we could, promptly too!

While I regret her dissatisfaction, this hardly indicates we are a "scam" or that we are "idiots"--
It would be GREAT if we had a UNIVERSAL encoding for beautifully formatted resumes--and again, I'm going to tell this writer to use PDFs from now on [and or do snail mailings for hard copies!]....
But, simply put--  I honestly believe most readers are more reasonable that calling me an "idiot" or a "liar."  When a pair of jeans from Macy's doesn't fit you perfectly and the sales rep tries to repeatedly explain the correct method for buttoning that particular style with an extra "inside clip"--but it still doesn't work for you, you don't go on posting that Macy's is a "scam" -- that they are "idiots," "liars," etc;  I'm not sure what it is about the Internet that makes such ugliness come out-- but again, as you can see-- I'm taking the time to respond IN DETAIL...and as you can PLAINLY READ-- though it could have been even better, our CONTINUED CORRESPONDANCE AND HELPING OF THIS CLIENT IN JANUARY hardly indicates that we are some "scam!"

Also, remember-- The client had her resume for well over a week--and liked it enough to COME BACK AND SPEND MORE MONEY AT OUR COMPANY ADDING A COVER LETTER!!!

On February 20th, she emailed us--asking for a free revision of her resume.

We asked her specifically what type of job she is pursuing.

She responded "open to anything that I am qualified for.."

She then told us on 2/22 that a "Career Advisor" suggested she re-work her resume completely. (The career advisor told her she had recently atteded a "seminar" and had "references" --- Yes, but did the people who are going to CONSIDER THIS CLIENT FOR JOB INTERVIEWS HAPPEN TO ATTEND THAT SAME SEMINAR!?!)

[Now, this becomes simply a point of professional dispute--- OFTEN, career adivsors disagree. For example, the career advisor suggested the re-inclusion of this client's GPA which we had intentionally removed [Unless you have a 4.0-- We advise NOT putting it ON your resume-- We suggest alluding to academic success and LEAVING YOUR GPA AS SOMETHING YOU DISCUSS AT THE INTERVIEW.. Why? If you submit your resume with a 3.6 GPA and someone else submits their resume with a 3.9 GPA-- well, you do "the math!"---  If you leave it OPEN-- then you're likely to still get an INTERVIEW [and the purpose of a resume is to get INTERVIEWS]- - no one will EVER wonder "why did you leave off your GPA"-- Wait until you have your foot in the proverbial door, you're smiling at the interviewer.. and THEN discuss your GPA w/your PERSONALITY and other assets behind it. Leaving it OUT is a strategic move. Occassionally, we encounter clients like this -- who speak with a "career advisor"---get different advice---and suddenly believe we don't know what we're doing.  We will usually tell them our advice, why we think that way--and still be willing to do what they want if they do not agree and wish to go against our professional opinion. We understand many of our clients are under considerable job stress and anxiety --- but again, we remind all readers-- LOOK AT THE CONVERSATION LOG BETWEEN US AND THIS CLIENT--- We worked CLOSELY with her-- always responding promptly to her for well over a month ! For less than $100, she received the resume you see---and the ongoing customer service and free revision that you also see. That could hardly be construed as a "scam" by any reasonable standard.

On March 7th, she emailed us stating she was unemployed still [even after the career advisor's advice-- though I wonder if there is a BBB complaint against the career advisor as well!?!]--- We responded letting her know our process for refund. Instead, she contacted the BBB within a day and never answered us.

I invite you to review the resumes we sent her AND the correspondence between our company and the customer and, as always, I invite you to call my personal cell phone at 352-250-4220 w/ any questions at all..

Sincerely,
Andrew A. Greenstein

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

re: response from Andrew Greenstein

Dear Concerned Consumer,

See this 20/20 televised report exposing the BBB as a "scam"

You can see the original resume we wrote for her [names removed] at:

She liked it enough to add a cover letter.

HERE ARE SOME KEY NOTES RE: THIS CLIENT:

She placed that order on January 7th as indicated.

She received her resume on January 9th.

You will also note, we continued to help her as best as we could, promptly too!

On February 20th, she emailed us--asking for a free revision of her resume.

We asked her specifically what type of job she is pursuing.

She responded "open to anything that I am qualified for.."

Sincerely,
Andrew A. Greenstein

Amazing - Owner is an Idiot or a Liar

AUTHOR: ConcernedConsumer - ()

I read this complaint an the response from this owner, Andrew Greeenstein, saying that competitors were ganging up to discredit his business and the complaints were from fake people.  Well, a quick search for the complaint that the Ripoffreport writer said he made with the BBB found the following results you can see below.

It turns out this complaint is true, the resume was done by Azoos, Inc., the writer did file a complaint with the BBB, Azoos verified this person had done business with them and Azoos did deny this person a refund.

I read the Ripoffreport complaint and in 5 minutes was able to verify it was true and from an actual Azoos/resumesguaranteed client.  Mr. Greenstein said he could find no record of the client, but his company responded the same person via the BBB in which they verified the complainant above was a real client of resumesguaranteed.com

Rather than respond to this note with some long-winded nonsense, now that the truth has been established, I challenge Andrew to post the resume given to this client with the personal information removed as proof of the quality of work.  Since he wants complainers to do this, it would be expected that he would have the integrity to do it himself.  If he does not post the evidence (resume) here, you will know this man can not be trusted.

Read the beginning of this Ripoff report, then read the BBB complaint below and then you decide if they are the one and the same.  The BBB does not approach businesses with fake clients.  While you are on the BBB site you can look at the 30 other complaints from verified clients and see the refunds given to them because the work was poor, but no refunds given to honor the guarantee.  You will also see the "C" rating this company has earned for consumer satisfaction.

Notice above the owner does not address that a guarantee which requires 40 fax or certified mail receipts is totally bogus and is a loophole which wasn't clear to this client.  You think they will honor their guarantee, then they send you a form, they tell you that you don't qualify and then stall for time.  I would believe that this person was told if he couldn't provided the documentation not to contact Azoos again.

Here is the information from the BBB

03/29/2013
Category: Failure to honor money-back guarantees

Complaint: Refusal to honor guarantee
I requested they write a resume for me 01/07/2013. Each and every time they emailed me a copy of said resume there was an error on the resume.
From the wrong phone number, to spacing, to grammatical errors such as weak grammar and typos. They removed all of the metrics off of my resume, and as a sales rep, metrics are VERY critical. I spent almost every day of the 60 day period working to get a professional resume done that I was not embarrassed to present. I even took the resume to Workforce Development for help. After meeting with workforce development and sharing a few laugh, my resume was rewritten by myself from the
ground up. The resume and cover letter they wrote for me could have been written by a 10 year old. In short, it was ****.

Business Response
Client was promptly sent guarantee refund form and has not provided the information for compliance with terms of sale and guarantee which were clearly linked/provided at time of order. Will of course honor guarantee as soon as she follows up as directed with our response:
Customer-EDS
03/07/13 6:00:25pm: Client created email record ID#XXXXXX

Client Message:
I need to take advantage of the guarantee. I had you write my resume on 01/07/2013, I have not found another job, nor been offered another job.
Today is 60 days, therefore I would like my 99.95 refunded as well as the 50.00 extra that is promised in your guarantee.

Comment by ******
03/08/13 10:47:00am: Sent Guarantee - Refund Order Form form letter

Hi,
We have received your note and are very sorry to hear that you have not yet found a job. Please remember that our $99.95 refund+$50 offer and revision is valid, as per our terms of sale, if the following conditions are met: 1. You are UNEMPLOYED and are not currently paying ANY state, province or Federal taxes. (Working in ANY position--even if it's one you held prior to receiving your new resume -- voids our offer). 2. You provide verifiable certified mail and/or fax receipts for at least 40
resume mailings/faxes submitted over the course of the FIRST 60 DAYS of receipt of resume WITHIN no later than 90 DAYS from receipt of your resume as stated in the guarantee terms. 3. At our discretion, an investigator may request additional information. As long as you are able to meet these terms, please complete our short refund request form at:

Consumer Response
(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.) I answered their email the same day that I received their email. The guarantee was advertised as a refund of 99.95 plus 50.00 if not employed within 60 days. The terms of service were disclosed after the fact. I emailed them to submit information and the last email they sent me said
if I didn't like their answer to not contact them again.

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

re: from Andrew Greenstein, President

AUTHOR: Resumes guaranteed - senior management - ()

I continue to be very dismayed reading postings such as this one.

I remind all readers of the following:

"RipOffReport.Com" exists SOLELY for the purpose of negative review. NONE of the "reports" posted on this site are EVER verified in ANY way by ANY one who works for RipOffReport in ANY capacity.  If a company chooses to challenge the validity of any report, they must first pay RipOffReport a $2,000 "aribtration fee" to even GLANCE at the matter.

That said, RipOffReport.Com is filled with false complaints from companies attempting to de-market their competitors and this posting may be no exception.

I have long posted my PERSONAL CELL PHONE (352-250-4220) for anyone with a concern about ResumesGuaranteed to call or text me DIRECTLY. I run many companies and have a life and a family (my life story, for the most part is at www.andrewgreenstein.com and elsewhere on line) and certainly have no motivation other than goodwill to publicly post my private #.

Since posting it, I have received periodic phone calls & text messages from prospective resume clients who read artificial complaints about ResumesGuaranteed.Com on RipOffReport and then decided to contact me. I personally ensured that all of their assignments were well-handled from start to finish and I have received nothing but kudos from any of them.

The current report from "Wisconsin" does not match any profile of any client to have ordered from us in the past 4 months. Of course, it's a rather challenging search query with so little information but, again, I am puzzled that this anonymous poster has not ever attempted to contact me. Such would be a lot easier than attempting to contact the Better Business Bureau or other agencies --or even "RipOffReport" and writing so much. As the President of the company with my personal cell phone # posted publicly, one would think it would be a good bet to contact me directly to promptly resolve any issue...

One would also ask of "Wisconsin"-- Can you POST the "terrible resume" that we wrote for you? I would very much like to see it so that I can let go of whichever writer prepared something you found to be so awful!    I would also be curious to see the "boiler plate" e-mail my company sends out advising clients not to contact us any more... I'm certainly not aware of any such letter ---nor do I see any in our database as I search mail records at this time...

And so, again-- I challenge this report--as a false claim from a competitor....and I remind anyone who has a concern about my company to work with me personally and directly at 352-250-4220; I have repeatedly posted my personal contact information while the anonymous complainants cannot even post any evidence or samples of the reportedly "awful" resumes purchased from our company--of which we have no record!